Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

4L60E Parts list

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:26 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno man, sounds like you're already doubting the builder before the build is even started, might be worth it just to contact FLT from the get go to give you some piece of mind. As mentioned, most builders, whether they are trans or engine, don't like installing customer-supplied parts. And if the trans ever gives you a problem, he can turn around and blame it on one of the parts you supplied. Just my .02.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ very true. If your not 100% positive that this guy will do what he says, then I would do business with him.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a pretty good trust in him idk if anyones heard of Mikes Transmissions, but they are semi local shop that builds
badass trannys of everything and ships em all over the world.anyways i called him to build it and he said he doesnt do 4l60e's but recommend me to other shop.. so i feel like if mikes saying hes good than hes gotta be decent.. the only reason i dont have alot of trust in any local tranny builder is because they deal with em everyday..and from what ive read on here it seems like the 60e is a hopeless cause money pit when in a truck no matter what you do.

wow,Sorry for it being one long *** sentence
Old 03-20-2009, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Whats the advantage and disadvantage to doing it that way?
Old 03-22-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

bumpity?
Old 03-22-2009, 02:04 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Parke10
i have a pretty good trust in him idk if anyones heard of Mikes Transmissions, but they are semi local shop that builds
badass trannys of everything and ships em all over the world.anyways i called him to build it and he said he doesnt do 4l60e's but recommend me to other shop.. so i feel like if mikes saying hes good than hes gotta be decent.. the only reason i dont have alot of trust in any local tranny builder is because they deal with em everyday..and from what ive read on here it seems like the 60e is a hopeless cause money pit when in a truck no matter what you do.

wow,Sorry for it being one long *** sentence
He builds "badass trannys of everything and ships all over the world", but he doesn't do one of the most common transmissions in the U.S.?? I'm not trying to knock your friend, but I would stay far away from this guys shop. I think I would also stay away from his referrals.

Not trying to upset anybody, just my opinion.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

he doesn't do ANY electronic trannys far as can remember and if u wanna knock one of the biggest tranny builders around go ahead, you have the right to your opinion, not gonna upset me in the least, you throw his name out in the drag racing/NHRA scene and most of them would tell you they have a mikes in their car.

http://mikestransmission.com/
Old 03-23-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

an all out powerglide and a daily driven 4L60e are two totally different transmissions.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

he does powerglide TH400 TH350 700R and **** like that, but ya yer right they are. but would hope that if hes good at building a powerglide and tells me about a shop shop he send all his other **** to, that it would be a decent shop.. i dont think hed want to risk his company getting a bad name from another place he recommended screwing up, either way. ive go quite a bit of info from what ive read. so hopefully i dont get fuked too bad
Old 03-23-2009, 11:31 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Parke10
he does powerglide TH400 TH350 700R and **** like that, but ya yer right they are. but would hope that if hes good at building a powerglide and tells me about a shop shop he send all his other **** to, that it would be a decent shop.. i dont think hed want to risk his company getting a bad name from another place he recommended screwing up, either way. ive go quite a bit of info from what ive read. so hopefully i dont get fuked too bad
Hopefully you don't get fuked at all

Quick Reply: 4L60E Parts list