Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

4L60E rated @ 795hp with 2 year warranty ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 06:58 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
All right, all right....my Bad! I just like the idea that the guy is semi-local, and I don't have to give up a core. I know your Level 5 is the ****, but with shipping and all its' almost twice the price...and I gotta give you my stock one. I know you get what you pay for......but a $3k transmission for a 300hp truck doesn't fit into my "budget". I'd like to get rid of some of the T/M, but I'm skeered! Maybe one day I will be able to afford a REAL transmission....I guess I'll keep saving
Don't feel bad. I take it as a complement when I hear I can't afford you. But as Chuck "FLT" stated you really at this point do not need a level 5. If you go with the level 3 you can always upgrade your 4l60e transmission to a higher level unit for your needs down the road. We offer to all of our existing customers a $250 freshen up special plus parts. If at that time you would like to upgrade, we take the difference between the two units plus the freshen up charge and go from there. We do this to not only keep you as a valued customer but to also help you with not having to buy another new transmission. Most of our customers choose this route and we are very happy to do it for you. Take care, Vince.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go with the level 3 you can always upgrade your 4l60e transmission to a higher level unit for your needs down the road. We offer to all of our existing customers a $250 freshen up special plus parts. If at that time you would like to upgrade, we take the difference between the two units plus the freshen up charge and go from there. We do this to not only keep you as a valued customer but to also help you with not having to buy another new transmission.

well that made my decision easier...when the time comes Im going with FLT
Old 04-18-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can vouch for their (FLT) level 3 for stock bolt ons. I have been beating mine for about 45K and my tune has zero TM so it is taking a mild beating IMO. I also tow about 5000lbs for thousand mile plus trips. In fact, last week I stopped by just to tell Chuck and Vince that I LOVE their transmissions! Puts a smile on my face every time I chirp tires
Old 04-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
If you go with the level 3 you can always upgrade your 4l60e transmission to a higher level unit for your needs down the road. We offer to all of our existing customers a $250 freshen up special plus parts. If at that time you would like to upgrade, we take the difference between the two units plus the freshen up charge and go from there. We do this to not only keep you as a valued customer but to also help you with not having to buy another new transmission. Most of our customers choose this route and we are very happy to do it for you. Take care, Vince.
I wasn't aware of this option....and it really sounds like my best bet at this point!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:55 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Don't feel bad. I take it as a complement when I hear I can't afford you. But as Chuck "FLT" stated you really at this point do not need a level 5. If you go with the level 3 you can always upgrade your 4l60e transmission to a higher level unit for your needs down the road. We offer to all of our existing customers a $250 freshen up special plus parts. If at that time you would like to upgrade, we take the difference between the two units plus the freshen up charge and go from there. We do this to not only keep you as a valued customer but to also help you with not having to buy another new transmission. Most of our customers choose this route and we are very happy to do it for you. Take care, Vince.

Find that service from an ebay "performance pro"
Old 04-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was not aware of this, sounds like i may be able to get a built trans sooner than i thought

i dont like the idea of 0% TM on a 150k 4l60e with my heavy foot
Old 04-18-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

$1550.00 doesn't sound too bad now that you put it like that
Old 04-18-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
Check this guy out. He's even better. He say "I can custom build any transmission to 1500hp and guarantee it" (Next to his video in the scroll box)
BTW, I had one of his transmissions before I bought the FLT.
The 1-2 shift was HARD. 2-3 sounded like somebod threw a brick under my truck. It did last a year before it crapped out but it wasn't a street mannered trans.
Oh, and if you listen to his vid and he says he builds ever trans himself...he's lying. When I called several times asking questions, I was told "Jimmy" or "Rob" or whoever was working on building it right now. He trains his builders but he doesn't build them himself.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-70...spagenameZWDVW
I agree, this guy is a dirtbag, I bought one because it was local here in Tampa Florida and seemed like a good deal and I got burnt pretty bad. His shop looks like a junk yard, his builders come and go and look like they live on the street. Here is a link that describes my experience with them Bottom line is, you get what you pay for.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

You can cut and paste my story and add it to your site if you want.