Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

4L60E upgrade stuff

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E upgrade stuff

I finally tore the trans outta my tahoe! It made it to 130k of hhaarrdd driving. I was gonna buy a built trans from flt but I can't afford a 2550 dollar trans right now so I hunted a trans down in VA for 750 with 37,500 miles and a 6 month warr. I'm gonna head out tomorrow to pick it up. What I wanna know is which servos to get? I had a vette servo but never put it in so I never got to see what it helped out. I read about the sonnax servos but what I read people are using them in high hp trucks. I also have a transgo shift kit installed in the trans I just broke but I figured I might as well buy a new shift kit and start over. I don't remember hd-2 being wrote on the box, so is there a regular shift kit then a hd-2 version? When I bought the shift kit I had to buy a new plate seperate and drill new holes. The kit I had would hold any gear at any rpm and could downshift any gear I wanted at anytime which sounds just like what the hd-2 does. I could manually shift 1-2 whenever I wanted but not 2-3, 3-4.

What would I need to have that option? I dd this truck so I don't need a drag setup. My old setup was the middle spring option (firm) with a pcm4less tune that had the line pressure bumped up a bit. I'm askin without searching too much cause I want a semi fast answer so I can get this stuff ordered and get my hoe back on the road.

So all in all I want to know which servos I need and should I lower the line pressure back to stock if using new servos and what do I need to have it to where I can shift manual when want. If it matters my truck is putting down 315rwhp on 305/35/24's so I need something to fit my mods. Also where is the best place to order all this, best customer service, best prices? Well guess I got all my questions in, thanks for any help.

Last edited by Mr.Slowhoe; 03-30-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Can't spell
Old 03-31-2009, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

??? Nobody knows any of these answers?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:47 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The popular upgrades are the Transgo HD2 kit (not sure if there's a less involved kit or not), Corvette 1-2 servo, Sonnax billet 3-4 servo, aluminum accumulator pistons (I believe that the Corvette ones are the ones that you're looking for, although Sonnax makes a pinless one, but not too many guys use it), new separator plate, put line pressure back to stock in the tune, and don't use any washers in the shift kit for a daily driver. oregonperformance.com is one of the websites that alot of guys use to get parts from, good prices and fast shipping so I hear.