Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

4l80e bolt on style outputshaft- What yoke for single cab?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e bolt on style outputshaft- What yoke for single cab?

I tried searching but it seems that no one list the correct part # or what they used to make this work with the stock drive shaft. Im trying to find the right length slip yoke to make this work. I already bought a N3R-3-9161x and it is way to long. It is also splined all the way up with no counter bore. My output shaft is set up to have a bolt on yoke with about 3 inches of splined area. I know some have done this before any help would be great. I have yet to get everything together to get measurements. I am trying to gather things so down time wont be so long.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Lots of views and no replies... Anyone?
Old 07-15-2011, 06:51 AM
TECH Resident

This isn't going to help you since you have a one piece shaft but this is what I did on mine. The 95 has a two piece steel shaft and my 80E was meant to have the same bolt on style yoke as yours. I found a yoke for an NBS half ton 4wd that was way too long but had the correct splines and the correct C clip style u joint not the kind with the plastic holding the caps in. I did some measuring and cut the yoke down to the correct length, swapped it out, adjusted the two piece shaft to where the yoke was all but fully bottomed out on the output shaft so incase there was some movement of the axle or driveline somehow it wouldn't jam into the output shaft and ran with it. The yoke is free floating on the output shaft and its worked great for a few years now. With a one piece shaft I don't believe this would ever work for you because there just wouldn't be enough spline length for it to work.