Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

4lo shift points and traction control

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 07:24 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4lo shift points and traction control

i have a question about 4lo shift properties. i recently put a transfer case in my tahoe that i modified to run only 2wd instead of the awd. but i have a problem. i have traction control that doesn't fully turn off when you hit the button. it only stops the throttle control but it still uses brakes to stop tires from spinning. but if you put it in 4lo it disables everything. well with my 2wd case i installed i can hit 4lo and it stays 2wd but the shift points are nuts. by 20mph the trans is in overdrive and the tcc is in lockup and the whole truck is chugging like a 5spd in too high of a gear.

so what i want to know is, is there a way to change 4lo shift points and tcc lockup points. doing this i can go to the track, hit 4lo and drag without traction control holding me back but can drive with traction control full on for street use when its raining.

if this won't work will taking out the main antilock brake fuse stop traction control braking? if so i could put a relay inline with the main fuse wiring so i could turn off abs with a flip of a switch. i like my traction control for raining days its the dry days that it pisses me off. but if i do this will the abs work after the next key on or will it take more than one key off/on?