Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

4WD launch

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Damn it! No Video, but cut a 1.69+ in 4 Hi no problem with drivetrain mods in sig. 5.3 took a dump. Not talkin about it, just movin forward.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:19 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Since everyone is whoring up with 4wd launch videos. Here are a couple probable a 1.6 or 1.7 60'. Hammer on that thing. It will take it.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...een_163112.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...192_163081.htm
Who you calling a *****?
Old 07-25-2008, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trever1t, do you lower your t-bars when u get the the track or not?...I was just wondering it looked like you did alil bit...I know guys by me that do truck pulling will lower them alot so when the weight gets taken off the front end, the CVs and front suspension are set up to just about stock height...

has anyone done this with a 5 speed???...its not like I have the power that I need to hook up anyways but I was just thinkin becuase with an auto the drivetrain is under "constant" load if you will while with a standard in between shifts and such I didnt know it she'd go ...just wonderin so incase a 6.0 sneeks inplace of me lil 4.8...
Old 07-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a 4hi launch with a 5spd all the time in my truck with previous mods, just several bolt ons, I need a new clutch now with the maggie on there, the clutch seems to have less grip then even two tires On a side note, i've used the truck quite a bit offroad, been stuck in sand snow and mud, and even dragged around a durango that was in 4wd with chains on all 4 tires and in park, and never had an issue with the front end coming apart
There not the greatest, but here are a few videos to enjoy

Old 07-25-2008, 07:51 AM
11 Second Truck Club

You know, I thought my transfer case would be the weakest link. However (knock on wood) it is about the only thing I have not broke to date. My transfer case is original & bone stock. My best 60’ to date is 1.43
Old 07-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by BlownHD
I did a 4hi launch with a 5spd all the time in my truck with previous mods, just several bolt ons, I need a new clutch now with the maggie on there, the clutch seems to have less grip then even two tires On a side note, i've used the truck quite a bit offroad, been stuck in sand snow and mud, and even dragged around a durango that was in 4wd with chains on all 4 tires and in park, and never had an issue with the front end coming apart
There not the greatest, but here are a few videos to enjoy
Whats the story behind the durango? That's more like something you do to your enemies vehicle.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Big Red Truck
You know, I thought my transfer case would be the weakest link. However (knock on wood) it is about the only thing I have not broke to date. My transfer case is original & bone stock. My best 60’ to date is 1.43
DAM WHAT DOES THIS TRUCK HAVE UNDER THE HOOd
Old 07-25-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BvTXgtd7d4

guess ill add mine too, i actually got some smoke and then cut a 1.60
youll need the strongest possible trans or at least in the 4l6x world but the t case in the 1/2 tons are pretty strong.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:37 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by JakeBrakeIH
trever1t, do you lower your t-bars when u get the the track or not?...I was just wondering it looked like you did alil bit...I know guys by me that do truck pulling will lower them alot so when the weight gets taken off the front end, the CVs and front suspension are set up to just about stock height...
No, My suspension gets no special attention, street or strip. The Tbars are detwisted about an inch or so, all time. I have 2" drop spindles as well.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Whats the story behind the durango? That's more like something you do to your enemies vehicle.
It was blocking a road, had to get it out of the way to get by, the truck got stuck at some point in the winter and they left it there, the snow melted out in the spring and the road was clear but the truck was in the way. Oh yeah, that piece hanging down under the truck is a tree branch, and not the driveshaft.

Quick Reply: 4WD launch