Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

6 speed Auto 6l80E

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:02 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
Manuals will never shift as fast as an auto.
please read before making a statement like that. driver that can actually drive with a properly setup manual will shift just as fast as a properly built auto. look deep into this sport and youll see alot of manuals going deep single digits. so please do some searching
Old 12-15-2006, 11:10 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
i think its to many things in a small case. to many gears would be to weak internals.
forgot about the paddle shift Z06?
Old 12-16-2006, 12:37 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

please read before making a statement like that. driver that can actually drive with a properly setup manual will shift just as fast as a properly built auto. look deep into this sport and youll see alot of manuals going deep single digits. so please do some searching
Why dont you do some research into manuals in TRUCKS not light *** cars. I guarantee you that will would go faster with a good auto. Easier to get traction on teh street and modulate throttle input etc, the list goes on, why dont you take a look at the fastest trucks lists and see what the fastest are running.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:55 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Why dont you do some research into manuals in TRUCKS not light *** cars. I guarantee you that will would go faster with a good auto. Easier to get traction on teh street and modulate throttle input etc, the list goes on, why dont you take a look at the fastest trucks lists and see what the fastest are running.
i have took a look at the list. autos are the most common there arent to many ppl with a properly setup manual running times.

have you seen what some would call a heavy car? making a statment like a auto is faster then a stick is just wrong. now if he woudl of said a properly built auto yes that might be correct but he said auto and most stock or just shift kit trans dont shift fast enough.

and why does it matter the weight? you shift a 6speed truck the same as you do a fbody. and if you can drive a stick you can launch a stick. as for hooking thats all in a properly setup suspension along with using the clutch to your advantage

so i have done my research, now have you?
Old 12-16-2006, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so... would this trans be of comparable strength to a 80e? or 60? or other?
Old 12-16-2006, 02:03 AM
Launching!

that's the real question only time will tell but if it is I would love to swap it in when I go to big *** NA engine.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:04 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have took a look at the list. autos are the most common there arent to many ppl with a properly setup manual running times.

have you seen what some would call a heavy car? making a statment like a auto is faster then a stick is just wrong. now if he woudl of said a properly built auto yes that might be correct but he said auto and most stock or just shift kit trans dont shift fast enough.

and why does it matter the weight? you shift a 6speed truck the same as you do a fbody. and if you can drive a stick you can launch a stick. as for hooking thats all in a properly setup suspension along with using the clutch to your advantage

so i have done my research, now have you?
Ask TurboGibbs he is a friend of mine and loves manuals and he even admits his truck would be faster with an auto but I loves rowing through the gears and actually "driving" his truck. I agree with him there, look at Turbo8 he was making a TON of power(more then what you are going to have) and he is switching to an auto to go faster. Look at ALOT of the fbodys they convert to auto too, to go faster, wonder why you dont see the fastests fbodys with a manual I believe the fastest M6 over there is in the mid 9s, pretty nice but not nearly as good as some of the others over there.

Like the old saying goes, "Manuals impress highschool kids(maybe yourself?) and autos win races." And its true, the only place a nice T56 has an advantage is highway rolls it will walk an auto everytime given everything else equal.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't have to do a search, its not humanly possible to shift a manual as fast as an auto can do the job.

Last edited by quicksilverado; 12-17-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:31 AM
5 year bitches!

now your comparing a boosted ride to a NA ride. its easier with a auto to leave with boost. fastest 6speed was tim from the tosto brothers.

you have no idea what power levels ill make or going to shoot for, so why judge on that?

ive had a built auto, ive driven both. not all, all out race cars are auto. yes autos are more consistant in some cases

do i like autos, do i like manuals yes

yea im most deffently a highschool kid lol

now your last statement isnt true, a properly setup auto car has a good chance to beat a manual on a roll. but roll racing doesnt prove ****

its like MPH it dont mean nothing either, just ET
Old 12-16-2006, 08:17 AM
On The Tree

Default 6 Speed

I Think That It Is More Of A "feel Thing" As To What People Drive. Some Prefer Auto, Some Manual, I Prefer Manual That Is Why I'm Converting My 5 Speed To A T56. Oh Yeah, Anyone Can Drive An Auto, It Takes A Professional To Drive Stick.

Quick Reply: 6 speed Auto 6l80E