Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

80 Swap Finished, But Still Engine Codes

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 80 Swap Finished, But Still Engine Codes

Everything is done, but i still have the same codes i had before.
[PCM] P0156 - HO2S Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2 (Old) (Immature)
[PCM] P0157 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2 (Old) (Immature)
[Unknown] B2615 - Unknown (History) (Current) (Immature)
[Unknown] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
[HVAC] B0263 - Unknown (History) (Immature)

If anyone knows what is going on let me know. I have had quite a few people helping me out, today i double checked all the wires, everything is connected correctly. I even took ECTune's new file and completely rewrote the entire pcm and i still have the transmission hot sign, and the codes are still on there. I have the finished pics, i'll post right after this.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Launching!

DTC Descriptor
This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC:

DTC B2615 Passenger Compartment Dimming 2 (courtesy Lamps, etc.) Circuit

The following DTCs are for the HVAC door actuators:

• B0263 is for the mode actuator
the b codes dont really mean much thats all the bcm stuff
Old 04-02-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gmcandcaprice
DTC Descriptor

The following DTCs are for the HVAC door actuators:

• B0263 is for the mode actuator
the b codes dont really mean much thats all the bcm stuff
I know it's the dimming circuit, but what does that mean, popped a fuse? cause i already checked all of them and nothing is blown. Mode actuator, that doesn't really help me. Is it an actualy part that's bad?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Launching!

DTC P0136 or P0156
Circuit Description
Heated oxygen sensors (HO2S) are used for fuel control and post catalyst monitoring. Each HO2S compares the oxygen content of the surrounding air with the oxygen content in the exhaust stream. The HO2S must reach operating temperature to provide an accurate voltage signal. Heating elements inside the HO2S minimize the time required for the sensors to reach operating temperature. The powertrain control module (PCM) supplies the HO2S with a reference, or bias, voltage of about 450 mV. When the engine is first started the PCM operates in open loop, ignoring the HO2S voltage signal. Once the HO2S reaches operating temperature and closed loop is achieved, the HO2S generates a voltage within a range of 0-1,000 mV that fluctuates above and below bias voltage. High HO2S voltage indicates a rich exhaust stream; low HO2S voltage indicates a lean exhaust stream.

The HO2S bank 1 sensor 2 and HO2S bank 2 sensor 2 are used for catalyst monitoring. This diagnostic runs once per ignition cycle. This diagnostic consists of two tests, a passive test and an intrusive test. During the passive test, if the HO2S bank 1 sensor 2 or HO2S bank 2 sensor 2 voltage transitions less than 349 mV and greater than 710 mV, the DTC will pass for this ignition cycle. If the DTC does not pass during the passive test, the intrusive test will begin. During the intrusive test, the control module will force the air-to-fuel ratio rich and/or lean. The control module then waits for a predicted response from the HO2S. If the HO2S voltage transitions less than 349 mV or greater than 710 mV, the DTC will pass for this ignition cycle. If the control module does not receive the expected response from the HO2S, DTC P0136 will set for HO2S bank 1 sensor 2 or DTC P0156 will set for HO2S bank 2 sensor 2.

DTC Descriptors
This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTCs:

• DTC P0136 HO2S Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2

• DTC P0156 HO2S Performance Bank 2 Sensor 2

more than likely a bad o2 sensor

DTC P0137 or P0157
Circuit Description
Heated oxygen sensors (HO2S) are used for fuel control and post catalyst monitoring. Each HO2S compares the oxygen content of the surrounding air with the oxygen content in the exhaust stream. The HO2S must reach operating temperature to provide an accurate voltage signal. Heating elements inside the HO2S minimize the time required for the sensors to reach operating temperature. The powertrain control module (PCM) supplies the HO2S with a reference, or bias, voltage of about 450 mV. When the engine is first started, the PCM operates in Open Loop, ignoring the HO2S voltage signal. Once the HO2S reaches operating temperature and Closed Loop is achieved, the HO2S generates a voltage within a range of 0-1,000 mV that fluctuates above and below bias voltage. High HO2S voltage indicates a rich exhaust stream. Low HO2S voltage indicates a lean exhaust stream. If the PCM detects an HO2S voltage that stays below a specified value, DTC P0137 sets for HO2S bank 1 sensor 2 or DTC P0157 sets for HO2S bank 2 sensor 2.

DTC Descriptors
This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTCs:

• DTC P0137 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2

• DTC P0157 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2

hope this helps a little
this is straight off gm service info
Old 04-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Launching!

the left instrument panel fuse block TBC 2B 15-amp fuse try this fuse see if its blown
Old 04-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Launching!

i wouldnt worry about that as long as every thing works on the interior but heres the pinpoint test

DTC B2615
Circuit Description
The body control module (BCM) receives a ground signal from the door jamb, lift glass/lift gate if equipped, or courtesy lamp switches requesting courtesy/dome lamp illumination. When this occurs, the BCM directly sends a voltage through the courtesy lamp supply voltage circuit illuminating the courtesy/dome lamps.

Voltage for the courtesy lamp supply voltage circuit as well as the backup lamp supply voltage circuit is from the left instrument panel fuse block TBC 2B 15-amp fuse directly through the BCM to these circuits.

DTC Descriptor

Conditions for Running the DTC
The battery voltage must be between 9.0-16.0 volts.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
When the BCM receives a courtesy lamp illumination request signal and the courtesy lamp supply voltage circuit is shorted to ground.
When the BCM is not receiving a courtesy lamp illumination request signal and the courtesy lamp supply voltage circuit is open only to the first splice from the BCM or the circuit is shorted to voltage.
There is a loss of the instrument panel fuse block TBC 2B battery supply voltage to the BCM for 1 second.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The courtesy dome lamps will not operate or are always ON.

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
This DTC will clear on current status after the condition for setting the fault is corrected.
A history DTC will clear after 100 consecutive ignition cycles without a fault present.
History and current DTCs can be cleared using a scan tool.
Diagnostic Aids
Perform a visual inspection for loose or poor connections at all related components. Refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections in Wiring Systems.
An open circuit up to the first splice only, from the BCM, will set the DTC.
A short to ground on the backup lamp supply voltage circuit, courtesy lamp supply voltage circuit OR the TBC 2B battery positive voltage circuit to the BCM will open the TBC 2B fuse in the left instrument panel fuse block.
Test Description
The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table.

This step test determines if the problem exists in the wiring or the BCM.

This step test determines if the problem exists in the wiring or the BCM.

After replacement of the BCM you must calibrate the new module for proper operation.

Step
Action
Yes
No

Schematic Reference: Interior Lights Schematics

Connector End View Reference: Lighting Systems Connector End Views or Computer/Integrating Systems Connector End Views in Computer/Integrating Systems

Did you perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle?
Go to Step 2
Go to Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle in Vehicle DTC Information

Inspect the TBC 2B fuse in the instrument panel fuse block.

Is the fuse open?
Go to Step 3
Go to Step 4

Test the following circuits for a short to ground. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems:

Courtesy lamp supply voltage
Backup lamp supply voltage
TBC 2B battery positive voltage to the body control module (BCM)
Did you find and correct the condition?
Go to Step 6
Go to Step 5

Test the courtesy lamp supply voltage circuit for the following conditions:

An open
A short to voltage
High resistance Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.
Did you find and correct the condition?
Go to Step 6
Go to Step 5

Replace the BCM. Refer to Control Module References in Computer/Integrating Systems for replacement, setup, and programming.

Did you complete the replacement?
Go to Step 6
--

Use the scan tool in order to clear the DTCs.
Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC as specified in the supporting text.
Does the DTC reset?
Go to Step 2
System OK
Old 04-02-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

i actually just turned off my rear 02's, so we'll see if that takes care of those two HO2S codes
Old 04-02-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gmcandcaprice
the left instrument panel fuse block TBC 2B 15-amp fuse try this fuse see if its blown
left instrument panel fuse block meaning on the inside where the door opens to the dash?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

nope, all the TBC fuses are in good shape, none are blown

Quick Reply: 80 Swap Finished, But Still Engine Codes