Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

900 hp transmision??? which to go with FLT

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/front...rans-swap.html
Old 05-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hyeride00
I swapped my 60e out for an 80e a little over 4 years ago. i love it and dont regret it one bit. it was worth the hassle. i am trying to remember everything i had to do for the swap...some of the guys already mentioned some of them above, so this might be a repeat....

--got a harness from speartech that was for the speed sensor, which included prongs i had to add into the pcm harness
--different dipstick/tube for the 80e (i ordered one out of a 2500 with a 6.0/80e combo)
--in my particular situation, i had to get a different flexplate/adapter..but i have been told the cranks lengths changed and you may or may not need to do this...
--modified the cross member..i have pictures that i could locate if needed
--i had to put a new yoke on the drive shaft, but i didnt have to shorten it, as the 60e and 80e were the same length...i know most say they differ...but the tape measure didnt lie..and i had mutliple people check cause i always thought they were different. but mine is only 2WD so i dont know if that makes a difference
--had to have my PCM tuned to control the new tranny/engine combo
--obviously the 80e converter....
--i replaced the tranny cooler line (again purchased one for a similar length truck with an 80e in it...some guys modify theirs with some type of flex tubing that seems to be working ok
--misc different length bolts and what not...

i cant think of anything else at the moment...i feel like i am missing something...its been a while...but i will remember soon...i am gonna pull it out to get rebuilt when my engine is out for a 370 swap...hope it helps

man thanks for the info's **** u made me look terrified from all this things!!!

but really thanks i qas searching for an answer but no one could help .
Old 05-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Launching!

now thats heaven thanks bro