Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Agressive Alighnment

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I wear out my current Toyos and buy a new set of tires, I plan on getting -.5 camber in the front. I've noticed my stock Generals and Toyos like to wear prematurely on the outside of the front tires. It seems like alot of trucks do this actually. I'm hoping some negative camber in the front will help slow down the outside wear. I don't even cut corners hard either.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:20 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys I just got the time after getting back into town to view the post I made. Wow is all I can say. The dude that is here in Houston that dose alighnments is right on the caster split because all roads are made to slant to the right for water run off and what not. So spliting the caster will make the truck go straighter on the road. I didn`t split the caster on the Z28 and it drives fine. In reality he is right and I agree with him. Now as far as the negative caster part I agree with the other guys. A alighnment as little as -.5 or.-7 will HELP tire wear rather than eating up the insides of the tire. It dosent matter if you cornner hard or just do Sunday driving. With stock GM specs you will eat the outside of the tires. The reason GM reccomends 0 toe or positive toe is to make the car or truck push, plow, or tight whatever you want to call it. Your average driver is not use to a loose vehicle where the rear naturally wants to come around on you. So the camber setting is done for that reason. I posted this thread to see what type alighnment I need to do if I personaly want to corner in my stock ride height Silverado and what ailghnment specs I need to run. I like to corner in my Z28 and I want to corner in my truck as well even though it is a big *** truck. ( Kinda like I mentioned above ) Getting my truck to handle better is going to be alot of fun, but it also may save my life one day or the poeple I give a **** about that are in the truck with me. You guys have given me alot of info. so far and I think I know how I want my Toe and Camber now. Let me know what caster for handeling I need to run. Thanks again fellas.
Al