Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Any guys making big power 1500hp and keeping AWD transfer case?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 03:36 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

GTRs and Lambos have a much lower center of gravity than a truck, even a lowered one, making it much harder to lift the front and better for racing in general. Secondly, I bet most cars of 1500hp ramp in the power, they don't hit it all from a dig. My comment was mostly in jest, but if you really want to do 1500hp launches then you are going to need some serious suspension and tire tuning.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by FirstGen
That's funny. I think not. Can't think of the last time I saw a GTR or Lambo lifting the front wheels on the street lol.
Thats funny, I cant think of the last time i saw a 1500hp awd anything race from a dig and not a roll on the street... I wonder why..??
At a certain power and weight point the negatives start to outweigh the positives with awd, you need to be realistic with your goals or feel free to send me some of this money tree you plan on waisting..
Old 12-29-2015, 05:26 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 785 Likes on 651 Posts

Chase's old truck now owned by tarinitup was an AWD SSS making 1000 or more through AWD.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-build-435934/
Old 12-29-2015, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

ummm that truck had 20s and street tires on the first pass and 17s on the others with all terrains. Not impressed with him spinning those tires with a high hp small truck.

1500 is a lot more serious than most people think. Start your goal around 700 and i think youll be very happy with how it runs light to light.
Old 11-07-2023, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Omg maybe I can help

Originally Posted by skolman91
Thats funny, I cant think of the last time i saw a 1500hp awd anything race from a dig and not a roll on the street... I wonder why..??
At a certain power and weight point the negatives start to outweigh the positives with awd, you need to be realistic with your goals or feel free to send me some of this money tree you plan on waisting..
O.K. first off with 1000hp and awd you will be sending about 35 percent to the front axle or 350hp worth of your torque thus you will be then left with approximately 650hp ormore accurately the equivalent of torque. If the front were to lift resistance is reduced sending more torque forward. You will not pull the wheels as a traditional drag car would. Case in point awd trackhawks running 2300hp twin turbo hellcat motors. Never ever seen one pull the wheels. Physics, ever see a wrx pull the wheels or an awd anything nope. 4x4 is totally different system. Now that being said chassis improvements will prevent wheel spin aid grip and help move the truck out of the hole. I have a 52 Dodge on a bravada chassis with 4l80 and awd unit from an escalade. The twist is I run a Gen 3 stroker hellcat at around 1400 hp a mopar 8.75 rear diff stock aluminum front diff with 3.75 gear ratio and 29 " tires all around. If it ever pulls the wheels I'm gonna stop racing because physics have ceased to exist. BTW it was cheap all but the torque converter the lakewood bellhousing, and 1000 dollars in sonax parts to build the 4l80. The trans is rated at 100hp capable and the stall is 3800 rpm. On launch I give it all she's got by flashing the converter from 3200 on the limiter when the brake releases its 1400 awd hp and the ride of your life. Lookup YouTube 2000hp awd camaro it's a video released by 1320 videos.

Last edited by Straightlineasassin; 11-07-2023 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-08-2023, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 461 Likes on 361 Posts

They don’t lift the wheels bc of boost controller and laser height measurements that control the boost controller. That is how 1500 plus hp cars and trucks do it now. I’m sure there are other older tricks but that works. I’m looking into the new boost controllers for pd blowers myself so I can ramp in power after launch instead of instant max effort off the line. Only reason I posted was bc you failed to mention the boost controllers advantage in launch control.
The following users liked this post:
Straightlineasassin (01-30-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OK I've been busy.

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
They don’t lift the wheels bc of boost controller and laser height measurements that control the boost controller. That is how 1500 plus hp cars and trucks do it now. I’m sure there are other older tricks but that works. I’m looking into the new boost controllers for pd blowers myself so I can ramp in power after launch instead of instant max effort off the line. Only reason I posted was bc you failed to mention the boost controllers advantage in launch control.
yeah im just catching on to this laser tech my nephew is running a twin turbo ls stang and he has been keeping me on this new tech. I was really just trying to make the point that awd with big boost and the like can be advantageous. But wow there are some bonehead boot lickers on this blog. Yeah I'M A CRASS GUY to say I've called out the ring guy without having even asked who I am or what my E.T. is cracks me up. On top of that I made a general statement about awd and rwd drag cars and the transfer case we use. Some of the physics at play and the tons of variables that go into running at a track or on the street. Point being I'm 50 been drag racing at Kil Kare Edgewater, Muncie, National Trails ect for better than 35 years with Fairchild Racing. I work at a Barbershop and not to be insulting to any of the younger softer generation but really this is how men talk and they need to get over themselves. Oddly the guy they assumed I was talking to didn't say anything but he enjoyed a good race as do I but 3 to 4 emails later I got all this bootlicker hate mail. So as always run what ya'll brung. This is why I've gotten beat and beat plenty but never assume your getting the win light cuz things happen. As for my opinion on 4×4 versus awd transfer cases nothings changed awd npt units are superior to 4×4. GM AWD is widely accepted as the best it works for me and I've broken parts but mostly just mounts and brackets. I kinda hate losing but it's the only time I get to see what I can do to get faster. There are traction controlers now that effect timing and I understand there's wastegates that can be adapted to even my stock type screw blower so it's a wild time to be building and racing. Again to anyone reading and think8ng of seeing me an email telling me how I've talked shir to the wrong guy howbout this... Talk your own game or shut the F UP, IF you don't know my truck or havnt seen it run, don't assume you know cuz trust, ya don't and to all my fellow drag racers and street outlaws, stay rubber side down and outta jail. Oh and as for my Grammer or spelling anyone wants to come to Fairborn, Ohio and take a personal shot at me great Im here till 6 daily at 15 South Central bring a broom and proof of dental insurance cuz I'm sure the only place anyone of ya'll got that kind of courage is anonymously online. Now ty sir so much cuz I'm trying to get even more power to the ground and as I said I got a line on a couple of 60mm water cooled Garrett turbos being replaced by 85mm on the nephews stang. I really do appreciate the tip cuz I'd have never thought of lasers but he does leave real soft and still pulls 5.20 passes with a small tire car. Boost controllers have been done but again itsa screw blower w/a rather small lower intake and not much room for a gate. I may just fab a larger sheet metal style lower manifold and make a controllable gate option work. Till then take care.
The following users liked this post:
1redta (02-02-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 04:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,271 Likes on 970 Posts

@Straightlineasassin Okay broke dick go back to sweeping hair off the floor.
Old 01-30-2024, 06:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,271 Likes on 970 Posts

Don’t worry bro I don’t make power I’m a weenie@Straightlineasassin
The following 2 users liked this post by shakenfake:
arthursc2 (01-31-2024), wretched73 (01-31-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 08:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Chances are if you ever plant that much power you will lift the front of the truck. AWD/4wd doesn't do much good if the tires are in the air
Hey brother I have a manual 4wd and 2 auto 4wd's. For the street only... what would be my best bet. Convert to AWD on any of them or leave the auto trac alone. 2014 manual 4wd, 2016 & 2020 auto trac. Asking the guru.

Quick Reply: Any guys making big power 1500hp and keeping AWD transfer case?