Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Belltech Street Performance shocks toast, lasted only ~10k, rather disappointing

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Belltech Street Performance shocks toast, lasted only ~10k, rather disappointing

Well I don't if everyone has seen the several threads i posted about my truck riding rough... Well last night i removed the Belltech shocks, and they are freaking dead... They compress rather easily and take about 2 mins to extend... Also when you move them around you can hear liquid sloshing around in them... So i am rather disappointed on how these held up... just FYI for anyone thinking about them...
Old 08-12-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they willing to help you any? If not, then I say they're a garbage company.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just lowered my truck 2/4 last Saturday and was planning on ordering these shocks next week...I'm really not so sure I should now?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Are they willing to help you any? If not, then I say they're a garbage company.
I dont know. I looked up the warranty on belltech and it is 2 year/ limited mileage. It said to contact the company i purchased for warranty claims. So i puchased them 12/2009 from stylintrucks. I called them lqst nght but the customer service allready went home for the evening. So i gotta call them again.

I am not hopefull
Old 08-12-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Corey, here's my take on em. I ran them thru 1 winter. Or 2. The paint is so shitty, their bodies are rusty like they've been on there 10 yrs. Even on my stockers (prior to my drop), they weren't thru I think 4 winters. They look way better in comparison. I mean as much as they could in a place where they salt the **** outta the roads. Even if they think it's gonna snow.

I bought the Belltech after my drop. Why? So the aluminum bodies wouldn't look pitted from that salt corrosion. I change em out before the weather changes, although I ran the Belltech thruout last yr. That means my Belltech have 1 1/2 yrs. of use on em. Seems to me when I put my QA1s on this spring the Belltech compressed kinda easy, but didn't raise any red flag. Now, I'm wondering if I should go check the compression. I never put the Belltech Street & perf. on the front yet. Fronts are stockers w/. 75k on em.

Funny I should see this thread. I'm gettin ready to order my QA1s for front today. Undecided on single or dbl. adjustable, but think I might just go for doubles, then I 'll have em all around.

And yes, QA1s ride infinitely better then the Bells' could ever hope to.

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-12-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Corey, here's my take on em. I ran them thru 1 winter. Or 2. The paint is so shitty, their bodies are rusty like they've been on there 10 yrs. Even on my stockers (prior to my drop), they weren't thru I think 4 winters. They look way better in comparison. I mean as much as they could in a place where they salt the **** outta the roads. Even if they think it's gonna snow.
Ya this sucks. These are the shocks everyone recommends for drops. Imo they crap, even if they do warranty them they will not be going back on my truck. I just dont another drop shock to run besides qa1s. Which i am seriously looking at
Old 08-12-2010, 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
... I looked up the warranty on belltech and it is 2 year/ limited mileage. It said to contact the company i purchased for warranty claims. So i puchased them 12/2009 from stylintrucks....

These are the shocks everyone recommends for drops. Imo they crap, even if they do warranty them they will not be going back on my truck. I just dont another drop shock to run besides qa1s. Which i am seriously looking at
Well then, u should be covered. At least til 12/ '11. Gripe, do what u have to. That's not long at all. And if the mileage thing comes up, well...you've got 5k on em.

I know they are, that's why I went w/. the Bell's for winter. If u really want some QA1s. Lemme know. Find out which ones u want, get a price, then get a hold of me.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:51 AM
11 Second Truck Club

sux to hear man again man! I have thought about it, and I have no idea what to run besides qa1's or the rancho adjustables out back. but up front, at a 2" drop, a stock replacement shock should be ok. edlebrock shocks are nice.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by fastrt
sux to hear man again man! I have thought about it, and I have no idea what to run besides qa1's or the rancho adjustables out back. but up front, at a 2" drop, a stock replacement shock should be ok. edlebrock shocks are nice.
I dont think those ranchos come in shorter lengths. Also i neex to do something about the ridiculus angle the back shocks sit at.

I dunno i am rather frustrated i Absolutely hate buying this twice due to failures
Old 08-12-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fastrt
...I have thought about it, and I have no idea what to run besides qa1's or the rancho adjustables out back. but up front, at a 2" drop, a stock replacement shock should be ok. edlebrock shocks are nice.
True, stock height shocks work fine up front, at least they did (& have) for me.

I looked at Rancho adj. but thought u had to be at stock htg. I could be wrong, cause I checked all this crap out prolly 3 yrs. ago. Edelbrocks were my next choice after the Ranchos were a no go. I bit the bullet & just got what I really wanted.

When I 1st looked I really wanted Bilsteins, cause of their awesome reputation. But their only drop shock on a fullsize truck is the '88-98. Koni was in R&D at the time. The economy tanked, so that mighta not came to fruition.

IMO, the best drop shocks for our trucks are the QA1s, Edelbrock & at least so far, despite the cosmetic issue due to salt & Corey's problem, the Belltech S&P.
Other than that, you'd have to look at manfacturers & their specs carefully.

Lemme know what u do or wanna do, Corey. I'll try to help u out.

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-12-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Belltech Street Performance shocks toast, lasted only ~10k, rather disappointing