Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Belltech Street Performance shocks toast, lasted only ~10k, rather disappointing

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had them on my last 04 RCSS. Just ordered a set for the RST. That sucks. Didn't see much but the warranty should cover it? I'd give it a check if they send you a new set you could sell them for a different set.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Well some good news, StylinTrucks is going to warranty the parts ... I will be sending them back tomorrow! As soon as i get them back they will be up forsale...
Old 08-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

did you have to contact belltech at all or did stylintrucks agree to help out first
Old 08-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Resident Retard

I just called stylintrucks customer service and told them they are wore out.. this was teh conversation"

me: "Yep i bought these 1.5 years ago and they are wore out"
STguy: "So is it ridding rough"
me: "yep like a covered wagon"
STguy: "Well that sucks, here is your return number to put on the box xxxxx"
me: "cool so once you recieve these you will ship me new ones"
STguy: "Yep"
me: "Awesome, thanks"
STguy: "Awesome indeed, thanks for calling stylintrucks"

well it went kinda like that, but no haggle no fuss, no nothing... That is how things should be, i will definitely buy from them again...
Old 08-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned

Nice. I've spent over $3K at stylintrucks and never had any major problems. When I had any problems they handled it just like you said.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Resident Retard

yep, i orginally bought my drop from them... It was on sale and said it came with street performer shocks, however when i recieved the kit, it came with nitro shocks and about half the nuts and bolts were missing, basically it was a typo on thier part... I called they sent me a credit for the shipping the shocks back and for the missing parts, and they sent me new shocks without any hassle... good company!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

I have dealt with stylin for years and they have superb customer service...I even haggled with them on my front alumasports and they offered me a better deal over thier catalog and competitors just because of the $ ammount of my prior purchases and I asked.....power to the people!!!! I saved like $300 just for asking.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:40 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good deal corey. So what shocks are you going with now?
Old 08-18-2010, 08:47 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just because you had a failure (and the first I've heard of) doesn't mean the product line is garbage Sometimes you just get a lemon, ehh?

I have nothing but good things to say about BellTech and their customer service and as you see their distributors don't even squabble with you about it.

I tried the QA1s and hated them, never could dial them in for comfort.

Like shoes, one size does not fit all. Hope you find something thet works better for your application Corey
Old 08-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by dlt76028
Good deal corey. So what shocks are you going with now?
I still have not decided... Honestly these Monroes ride pretty good... I think i might get Billstein HDs (98 chevy truck ones) for the fronts and QA1s out back...
Originally Posted by trever1t
just because you had a failure (and the first I've heard of) doesn't mean the product line is garbage Sometimes you just get a lemon, ehh?

I have nothing but good things to say about BellTech and their customer service and as you see their distributors don't even squabble with you about it.

I tried the QA1s and hated them, never could dial them in for comfort.

Like shoes, one size does not fit all. Hope you find something thet works better for your application Corey
True, i can understand 1 maybe 2 bad ones. but all 4 are toast... it may be my setup that is bad, everyone always tells me my drop is lower than a 2/4... And i know i was bottoming out on the rear.... So the drop may have killed them... But seriously the shocks only have 10k on them...

Quick Reply: Belltech Street Performance shocks toast, lasted only ~10k, rather disappointing