Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Best 4l80e? Mad Dog, RPM, Jakes performance, Performabuilt etc

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finish Line Performance. I have had mine for several years and in the second truck.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

RPM Out of the ones you have up for suggestion. There's plenty more out there though.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:57 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Ace Racing (Gilbert), Rossler, Jakes, RPM...VinceB would be my order.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for Gilbert!! He's GREAT to deal with
Old 05-19-2013, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Jakes...
Old 05-19-2013, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am not making nearly the HP/TQ you are but I have an ACE Racing 4L80 on order right now. Pretty basic build with billet input and intermediate shaft as well as billet forward clutch hub. I was recommended to him from Chris as Circle D. He definitely takes the time to get to know you first and then your vehicle and what you are expecting out of it. I was truly surprised at the amount of time he spent getting information out of me. He does not offer "Stage" kits and I truly believe every transmission he builds is tailored to your specific needs. I can't wait to try his work.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cakes
He definitely takes the time to get to know you first and then your vehicle and what you are expecting out of it. I was truly surprised at the amount of time he spent getting information out of me. He does not offer "Stage" kits and I truly believe every transmission he builds is tailored to your specific needs. I can't wait to try his work.
This pretty much sums up Gilbert!!

I have an 80E being built by him now, should be ready Thursday and going in Friday. When he goes over your build he explains anything ya wanna know and won't try to up sell you into BS ya don't need.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Atomic
Ace Racing (Gilbert), Rossler, Jakes, RPM...VinceB would be my order.
LOL I just love how I'm last on your list! Next time you talk to Gil you'll have to ask him about new years eve....and your build! Long story but funny how he was in the shop working while I was cooking and both of us working on your trans!

Originally Posted by Cakes
I am not making nearly the HP/TQ you are but I have an ACE Racing 4L80 on order right now. Pretty basic build with billet input and intermediate shaft as well as billet forward clutch hub. I was recommended to him from Chris as Circle D. He definitely takes the time to get to know you first and then your vehicle and what you are expecting out of it. I was truly surprised at the amount of time he spent getting information out of me. He does not offer "Stage" kits and I truly believe every transmission he builds is tailored to your specific needs. I can't wait to try his work.
Gil is a stand up guy and if I didn't do this myself I would not hesitate to get a unit from him. He is a good friend of mine and we share info all the time. I've got a glide on my bench currently that he shipped me parts from the racetrack just last week. Definitly will tailor a unit to your needs.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:46 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Only reason you are last is I wasnt sure if you were still building transmissions as a job or just kind of on the side whenever you felt like it
Old 05-21-2013, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heard lots of good things from jakes. Running a stock 80e with there shift kit and works really good, shifts great and dont skip a beat even at 800hp.

Quick Reply: Best 4l80e? Mad Dog, RPM, Jakes performance, Performabuilt etc