Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

blew driveshaft replaced it now leaking trans fluid

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Ummm, wow! Is it documented with them yet that they sent it out without refilling the transmission? Maybe your transmission is slipping now. Catch my drift?
you knwo what im gonan bring it up .. they diddnt document they put trnas fluid .. the lady took my money without giving me a repcit and i asked the guy when i picked the truck up ,to check the trans fluid he did and was like , yup youre good to go ...

i will bring this up on friday
Old 11-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Banned

yeah dude... now if ur tranny breaks.. you can blame it on the dealership- they din't put any fluid in it....
Old 11-25-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the stealerships screw thousands of people a day, screw them back any chance ya get
Old 11-25-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry that you're dealing with all this crap on a relatively new vehicle. I went through 2 GM 4L60e's, and they replaced them both. Just watch if they swap the trans, get the tune out of there. Get Charlie to hook you up with another PCM w/the stock tune. Just an idea.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Sorry that you're dealing with all this crap on a relatively new vehicle. I went through 2 GM 4L60e's, and they replaced them both. Just watch if they swap the trans, get the tune out of there. Get Charlie to hook you up with another PCM w/the stock tune. Just an idea.
his truck is cammed. im pretty sure a pcm swap is the least of the problem.

and come on guys. a dealer is doing warranty repairs on a modded truck. he should say thank you every time he picks it up.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:53 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I'm pretty sure that there's a bushing in the tailshaft that can wear in these situations, someone please correct me if I'm wrong....but if I'm correct, before you replace the tailshaft seal, grab the driveshaft and move it up and down, if there' too much play, there is a bushing in the tailshaft that got wiped out when the driveshaft grenaded. You'll just end up with a new leaky seal if it needs the bushing...

*EDIT* you have to remove the tailshaft housing to replace that bushing btw...
no wonder my **** leaks when the *** end of the truck is on lower ground. my built trans didn't come with it so i never bothered to put it back. is it grayish looking and roughly 4" long?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Truckshop

and come on guys. a dealer is doing warranty repairs on a modded truck. he should say thank you every time he picks it up.
true..X-2
Old 11-26-2009, 02:46 AM
Banned

it cost me 400 bux for a new d shaft .....

when i talked to them about the leak they said they will fix it .... but im gonan b pissed when i bring it in on friday they could have potentially blown my trans 4 me ... who knows i could have burned it up ,, driving the few miles i did ....

im just so depressed about the whole situation ... never had a big problem like this b4 .... its killing me ...
Old 11-26-2009, 08:33 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecajun5.3
no wonder my **** leaks when the *** end of the truck is on lower ground. my built trans didn't come with it so i never bothered to put it back. is it grayish looking and roughly 4" long?
I thought that it was brass, but I'm not 100% sure...

*EDIT* I checked my 4L60E unit repair manual and there is a bushing in the tailshaft housing, not sure what it looks like as the pics are black and white graphics. I know that the old TH350's that I've pulled apart had brass bushings IIRC...

Last edited by budhayes3; 11-26-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Truckshop

Just going by experience. We have some idiots at the local stealerships that can't help plugging that computer in, even if it's not warranted. But just what if they do plug in and see the different shift points? Do you think that would have ever been questioned? I'm just asking.

Quick Reply: blew driveshaft replaced it now leaking trans fluid