Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Body Lift/Suspension Lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 03:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by htsht
Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be spending a little more then was planning. Rims are 4.5" backspace so I will look into the Fabtech and ProComp lifts some more.

ProComp has a 5" lift. Do you know of any difference between that and there 6"?? Website is down right now so I cant look it up.
The Procomp 5 is similar to the Rancho and Fabtech's. I believe it drops the differential 5 inches, lca's 6 inches. I'm not too sure though, its a relatively new kit. Since your wheels have 4.5 inches of backspacing, you can run any lift kit on the market. I like Procomps 6" and the Rancho, can't go wrong with either. If you have any questions on either, let me know and I can dig up some info
Old 01-03-2005, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
If you do a body lift it drops the bumpers and the engine. Something you may want to consider. I would go with a suspention lift if I were you.
Performance accessories body lifts come with front and rear bumper brackets. I think it looks fine. Yeah, the engine sits lower in the engine bay but no big deal.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Regular

Yes you can keep the factory hitch with a body lift, the kit comes with spacers to fill the gap between the bumper and the hitch... HERE'S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FireTA
Yes you can keep the factory hitch with a body lift, the kit comes with spacers to fill the gap between the bumper and the hitch... HERE'S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.
No offense to the owner of the truck, but having the hitch like that looks like ****!!!! I have personally done my own and 3 other of my buddys hitches and they look exactly like stock. If anybody wants to know how to do this PM me and I will be more than happy to tell you how to do it. And when I say stock I mean the hitch is bolted to the bottom of the bumper and everything looks like it would if you hadn't put on the lift. No gap, no spacers, just good looks
Old 01-05-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

The only problem with that is now you're hitch is going to sit 3" higher off of the ground, so you'd have to get a "drop ball" type of receiver, or everything you tow will be sitting at an angle. I know it's not a big deal... just something extra to buy.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FireTA
The only problem with that is now you're hitch is going to sit 3" higher off of the ground, so you'd have to get a "drop ball" type of receiver, or everything you tow will be sitting at an angle. I know it's not a big deal... just something extra to buy.
True, but when it comes to buying a drop hitch instead of a straight hitch so your truck will look waaaay better, it's a no brainer IMO. Besides, if you put bigger tires on your truck (and who doesn't when they put on a lift) it's already gonna sit higher than factory. What about people who want a suspension lift, they don't say "but I don't want to buy a drop hitch". C'mon, buy a drop hitch or let it look like shiznit, but I know what I did, and it looks good.