Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

BOOOOOOM!!! rattle rattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Stew, I have the same ORY, you can slide the trans over it and it will be out of your way. you dont have to cut it.... I had to disconnect my cooler lines.

use an e-z out for those converter bolts... I just had to do the same exact thing. not a big deal, just take your time.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:38 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

where can i get an ez out? do i have to disconnect the cooler lines from the tranny or can i get them from the radiator. that top one is a bitch to get to!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

I disconnected mine from the trans but I'm sure you can do the same from up front... no biggie. You should be able to get an EZ out from any hardware store. it just so happens the shop I work at has a bunch of them laying around.

have you tried tapping the bolt remains out by turning it with a small chisel and happer??? or is it too deep in there?
Old 01-10-2007, 11:00 AM

i havent gotten the tranny back far enough to get the converter out yet. those clips in the dark ownt me. plus i had been working on the heap all day and was tired as **** and was cold
Old 01-10-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I just swapped mine out... its not too bad. its WWWAAAAYYYYYY easier to do on a lift though... I hear ya on not wanting to work on anything lowered... I know it sucks because I have the same damn drop LOL.

I dropped the d-shafts, x-member,cooler lines, and unbolted the TC and bellhousing and just slid the trans back over my Y pipe and swapped it out. I didnt have to drop it. if you can, the way I did it was a lot easier.
What did you do to your tranny now?
Old 01-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Originally Posted by Beastofa327
What did you do to your tranny now?
****, you know me... always breaking stuff... the tranny and converter were un-hurt... I just broke a couple bolts and had to replace my flexplate because it had a huge *** gouge in it. Plus,I had to fix the converter threads much like TX is having to do right now... its not too bad of a job but any time you have to mess with the trans its a pain
Old 01-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i havent gotten the tranny back far enough to get the converter out yet. those clips in the dark ownt me. plus i had been working on the heap all day and was tired as **** and was cold
drop lights are a lifesaver doing this job
Old 01-10-2007, 12:18 PM

i had one...i think i was just too frustrated to care at that point lol.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should only take you abought 3 hours to pull trans and reinstall ..I did the ball flanges on my Y pipe so it comes right out made it a lot easier.. pull crossmember let trans hang all the way down the motor mounts will stop it from going to far.. at that point all the trans bolts are very easy to get at ..And sorry for your bad luck but look at it this way it could had been you hiding in the bushes from the cops if the truck didnt break
Old 01-10-2007, 07:40 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, sounds like your not having too much fun pulling that trans...

I guess I don't get all this brokin flexplates... I've yet to brake one, hell I only had a three bolt 5.3 flex plate with the Art Carr torque converter, maybe I'm just lucky...

Quick Reply: BOOOOOOM!!! rattle rattle