Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Broke 4L60E this weekend... HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright! I am ready to order, do you prefer me to call you or just email you the CC numbers? Please call me if you want, 713-252-1126
Old 11-07-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm pretty sure I have a level 3 and I've got 70K on it with 0% TM and it is holding up beautifully. Chuck and Vince are some of the best guys you will meet and they REALLY know transmissions AND stand by their products.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Good, glad to hear that. I ordered with Chuck, but I don't think he included the 10% discount that Vince had said I could get from here in the forums. I will give him a call about it or just bring it up when I pay the rest of it off before they ship it to me.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Hey! Heard my transmission was ready to ship. Please give me a call 713-252-1126.

Got a question about it too, I know it's gonna shift a little firm, but how firm? My GF, who's truck it is going into, just had neck surgery and she might not like the really firm shift until she gets healed up a little better. Can I program it shift smooth enough you think or is it always gonna hit hard no matter how I program it (with HPTuners). She will probably like it once she is healed up, but right now might be a bad time for a good solid shift (for her anyways, hell she can drive my truck for a while, but it's a 5 speed so she would probably rather drive the automatic (her truck).
Old 12-07-2007, 11:51 AM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Originally Posted by shimp
hell she can drive my truck for a while, but it's a 5 speed so she would probably rather drive the automatic (her truck).
I was gonna suggest that, but I see you said she'd prefer an auto.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:00 AM
On The Tree

UPDATE!

Finally got the thing installed, holidays, work, weather have all stood in the way but finally got it installed today. Was a bitch to get the old one out, everything was froze up, the guy we got the truck from lived on a long *** nasty dirt road, so things were caked up pretty bad and had rusted.

The FLT trans was very nice, clean, looked very professional, the shipping crate is awesome too.

Filled up the new converter, flushed the cooler lines, installed easy!

Works GREAT. It operates very well, nothing weird, only thing different is the VERY firm shift from 1-2 and 2-3. If you hold the gas to the floor it lays rubber on 1-2 shift pretty good. I have it set with 0% TM, it shifts very firm even on less than 1/4 throttle. I was really worried about my GF driving it, because she just had neck surgery, but she says it's okay! She even floored it to see what it was like and banging into 2nd at WOT didn't bother her. Her shocks are really worn out though, that seems to help, the truck kinda rocks back, then a little forward at WOT 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift. Takes some of the "bite" out of the firm shift. Personally I really like it. Makes me want an auto instead of my 5 speed? NO. But her truck is 3.73 with factory wheels and tires, mine is 3.42 with 20's and 275/55's. I think I need 4.10's now. Though my truck still pulls away from hers... I don't know why? Anyone?

So, so far, great experience with the FLT Level 3 trans. Only complaint I have is the bill was nearly $1800, with a 10% discount. But shipping was like $250 or something, both ways, and they waived the core fee, that was nice. I know I only paid $1300 something for the trans, I opted for a rebuilt converter, and some flush as well, so that added it up to. I could have gotten the original trans rebuilt and re-installed locally for about $1200, but those guys don't use the good parts that FLT does, don't have the experience with High Performance stuff that FLT does, and I didn't want to throw away $1200 on a OEM trans that is gonna pop again within 80,000 miles like this one. So I opted to spend the extra $600 to get the FLT and install it myself, and I am very happy with it so far.

Now I just need to figure out how the return shipping works. I will be calling FLT on Monday to see if they are open and get things in motion. Thanks to everyone that recommended the FLT trans, I think you all were right, it is the way to go.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:23 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear all has gone well for you. Please drain the fluids from the trans and get it back in the create as we shipped it to you. Please do not send the old converter back as I have plenty and do not need another. If the converter was shipped in the trans please return my bracket. Give us a call to either email or fax you the labels for the return shipping. It is that simple. When you call ask for Chuck as he is the one that does the shipping. Thank you for the kind words and also for choosing FLT. Vince
Old 12-30-2007, 09:58 AM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Sounds like a satifisfied customer.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't be dissapointed, i beat the dogpiss outta my FLT and it keeps on going and eatin up every minute and over 50 track passes
Old 12-31-2007, 04:41 AM
On The Tree

I got to go find that bracket.... I am pretty sure it will still be where I left it come tommorow... If not I am really sorry, but it may have gotten tossed. I hope not, but won't know till tommorow.

I will call tommorow (are you open tommorow?) or Wednesday to get the labels for the shipping emailed or faxed. Preferably emailed.

Thanks again, the transmission is great so far, and I hope it lasts a long time because I surely don't want to buy another one anytime $oon.

Quick Reply: Broke 4L60E this weekend... HELP!