Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

C-notching???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Western Chassis C-notch and today I LOADED my truck with 40 cinderblocks approx 40lbs each=1600lbs!!! and the truck was laying on the axle all the way home. These notches are freakin' strong!
Old 05-09-2005, 05:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by runin9s
Thats pretty good there. Looks like a 4/6 drop is pretty safe if you do it right.
I always liked the DJM kit and might end up going with that. The Mcgaughy's I heard is a good kit but just to get 4" in lower on the front they use coils and spindles compared to the LCA's from the DJM. And im going to be runnin my 16" stockers till I get money for rims and Mcgaughy's is for 17" only spindles. But I'll be getting the 17" stockers. I saw a tire shop on Spencer that has them Im going to stop by and see how much they want for them.
But anywho? Thanks for the info Gene!!!

I guess the C-notch's are pretty safe?
DJM will create a bump steer. Which is simply, when you hit a bump,etc. It feels like it shifts to the side. This can be fixed with djm tie rod flip kit. http://djmsuspension.com/Articles/TieRodFlipStory.htm

The mcgaughy 4/6 has 2 different spindles. One for 17" wheels and bigger. And one for stockers.
Both kits are good. Also, you will have too put a c-notch on a 4/6. It is even required on a 2/4 drop(if hauling).
Old 05-13-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Joe
DJM will create a bump steer. Which is simply, when you hit a bump,etc. It feels like it shifts to the side. This can be fixed with djm tie rod flip kit. http://djmsuspension.com/Articles/TieRodFlipStory.htm

The mcgaughy 4/6 has 2 different spindles. One for 17" wheels and bigger. And one for stockers.
Both kits are good. Also, you will have too put a c-notch on a 4/6. It is even required on a 2/4 drop(if hauling).
I never heard of that problem there. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll be sure to fix that problem. Yeah I would like for everything to be perfect when finishing the install. Im very conscious about stuff that might mess up
Old 05-13-2005, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Joe

FYI..1 in 4 dropped NBS will require djm upper control arms to hold allignment too