Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Cal Trac Owners Come on In ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cal Trac Owners Come on In ????

I am looking for more info on the Cal Trac traction bars for trucks. I have serious traction problems with the 5.3 and it is only going to get worse with the 6.0. For owners of the Cal Trac's if you can give any input good or bad.

Thanks
Danny
Old 01-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Launching!

I've Had excellent results with them. What would you like to know?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not got them on the track yet, but they did help alot on the street. Feels good. Pm me I live in hayward ca.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

Are they hard to adjust and how is the install? Any welding invovled? Will I need to relocate anything? Do they work on a lowered truck? Do they affect the ride quality?

Oh yeah were to buy them too..
Old 01-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01wtahoe
Are they hard to adjust and how is the install? Any welding invovled? Will I need to relocate anything? Do they work on a lowered truck? Do they affect the ride quality?

Oh yeah were to buy them too..
Easy install + adjust no welding ,my truck is lowered and they fit fine. No reloaction necessary ride quality is good.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the pics. Seems like and easy install. I have a 4/6 drop with flip kit. Hope that won't be a problem. Now just got to find were to get'em.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the pics. Seems like and easy install. I have a 4/6 drop with flip kit. Hope that won't be a problem. Now just got to find were to get'em.
http://www.calvertracing.com/
Old 01-26-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

I'm going to call them just to make sure they will fit, it looks like the 3404 cal tracs are the ones I am looking for. Thanks Mr. Marine for the link and pics.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:50 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm going to call them just to make sure they will fit, it looks like the 3404 cal tracs are the ones I am looking for. Thanks Mr. Marine for the link and pics.
Im pretty sure they are different than the standard cal-tracs because the axle is flipped on the 4/6 drop. I know they do make a set, just a little different i guess. The guys with a 2/4 drop usually dont have a problem, just check with them and let us know.

You ever go to the track? Im in SF and think we should get together with some of the Bay Area and Sac guys. Track opens in March.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by j's01silverado
Im pretty sure they are different than the standard cal-tracs because the axle is flipped on the 4/6 drop. I know they do make a set, just a little different i guess. The guys with a 2/4 drop usually dont have a problem, just check with them and let us know.

You ever go to the track? Im in SF and think we should get together with some of the Bay Area and Sac guys. Track opens in March.

Yeah, I'm trying to get my truck ready to go. I haven't raced at the track in years. Last time I went to race was in 2000 with my 68 Camaro. I had tons of fun and got kicked of the track .lol. Lets say my burn out got a little out of hand and I thought I was John Force for a minute and did a half track burn out. lol.

I'll give them a call to make sure they fit and let ya'll know..

Thanks
Danny

Quick Reply: Cal Trac Owners Come on In ????