Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Caltracs Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2023, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Caltracs Bushings

Anyone know what’s the purpose of the caltracs leaf spring bushing?????? Does it make a big difference…??? Asking because I bought some used flip kit caltracs and don’t know if the bushings are really needed for installing them… also what’s driving like on caltracs with a 4-6 on a NBS ext cab???TIA
Old 10-29-2023, 09:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by matslp488
Anyone know what’s the purpose of the caltracs leaf spring bushing?????? Does it make a big difference…??? Asking because I bought some used flip kit caltracs and don’t know if the bushings are really needed for installing them… also what’s driving like on caltracs with a 4-6 on a NBS ext cab???TIA

the ride is rough. I think the bushings serve the purpose of a hard hit with no movement in the suspension. I will say once I dialed in my caltracs I could actually feel the bars pushing the *** end down and it always kept me in a straight line
Old 10-30-2023, 05:52 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

the purpose of caltracs is to remove spring wrap and flex from the leaf suspension. Under hard acceleration from a dig the rubber bushings can flex. The solid bushings that they use will not allow any movement. in my opinion the bushings are not required for lower hp rigs but they never hurt. spring wrap is the big enemy to fix.

the ride will be rougher. you can back the caltracs off for street use and tighten them down at the track (if you do not have wheel hop issues on the street)