Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

caltracs and DJM

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:21 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default caltracs and DJM

just like title says. has anyone seen pics or used caltracs with the DJM hanger setup?

i have yet to see a set of caltracs with my style hanger
Old 04-15-2007, 02:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just go ahead and call chassis works and order a ladder bar setup...
Old 04-15-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Regular

i am having a little issue with my cal trac install with djm hangers and flip kit. I bought my cal tracs over a year ago and am finally installing them today. Like Quik said does anyone have any pics with the cal tracs installed with the djm ****?

Thanks
danny
Old 04-15-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya. Cal-tracs sent me out some different hardware. But even at that I had to modify my hangers to make it work.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Regular

8ALTNG what hardware did they send you??? Did anyone have problems with the leaf springs hitting the rod? I can't even attach the rod to the threaded ends because the rod hits the bottom short leaf? Any ideas??
Old 04-15-2007, 07:08 PM
5 year bitches!

i just need a pic of them. my hangers are facing upward and i ahve yet to see a caltrac work like that
Old 04-15-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Regular

ok i have a question about hangers and shackles? The hangers are the ones attached to the frame? right? And the shackles is the part that is attached to the back of the leaf spring that attches to the hanger on the frame? Am I right? Once I make sure what is what it will be easier to word my questions without me or you guys being confused.

Thanks
Danny
Old 04-15-2007, 08:04 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 01wtahoe
ok i have a question about hangers and shackles? The hangers are the ones attached to the frame? right? And the shackles is the part that is attached to the back of the leaf spring that attches to the hanger on the frame? Am I right? Once I make sure what is what it will be easier to word my questions without me or you guys being confused.

Thanks
Danny
yes. that is correct.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks Blue, alright now that I know what's what, here is my question. The hangers are stock they are still riveted to the frame in the stock location. The shackle is? I don't know if it's a DJM part or not. There is no part number on it but it does have a patent number on it. So I would think it is aftermarket. When I bought the truck 2 years ago I was told it was a 4/6 drop with flip kit. I want to make sure what excatly the flip kit is.

I have both the front and back Cal Trac brackets on, when i tried to install the adjustable rod there is no way it will go on. It is just wedged against that short leaf (overload leaf) . I have been doing some searching about this and it seams that alot of guys remove that overload leaf. What else can I do. Oh also the rod is 28 3/8 inches long.

Quik sorry about hijackin your thread.

Danny
Old 04-15-2007, 09:02 PM
5 year bitches!

its cool i just need a damm pic of someoen with the DJM kit i have and caltracs

Quick Reply: caltracs and DJM