Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

CDS - Updates

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CDS - Updates

Wanted to let you guys know about some of the changes we have been working on the last couple of years at Circle D Specialties. Most of these have already been incorporated into our line for about 6 months now. We redesigned our entire billet line from the ground up. We incorporated a new deep groove ball bearing into our fronts. This give us an axial and radial load capability for the turbine hub, taking the load off the stator support bushing. Extremely efficient and clean design, very proud of it. In addition to that we have designed the new bearing retainer for greater flow so there are no restrictions in fluid circulation. We also set one standard height for our covers so we can easily interchange different bolt patterns, it is a very cool system. It allows us to build virtually any combo, single or multi in any transmission with any bolt pattern. So no matter what combo you have, we can build a converter for it. We have also updated our multi disk clutches to a stronger steel and heat treat them to eliminate any wear in the outer teeth. So you get a nice and quiet multi disk that will last for years.

Last and definitely not least is our new steel forging. We have spent the last 2 years working on this process from a simple drawing on a napkin to final CAD design and then machining on our CNCs. They have turned out great, very very proud of them. This allows us to machine all our billet fronts in house - single and multi disk - and still be competitive on pricing, while delivering a product that is extremely durable. Also very happy to say they are forged in the USA, we found a great company to work with and were able to keep the money in the USA.

Thanks for reading and would love to hear any comments...

Chris

Name:  Cagle-1_zps09e72473.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  94.1 KB
Old 12-19-2012, 07:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seen this on your fb page, very pleased with these updates.

Now all i need is some money to afford a big boy converter
Old 12-19-2012, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome work Chris! This is why i send everyone i can to yall. my 60e is coming out of the truck so i will be getting a multidisk 80e toy from you soon!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
Seen this on your fb page, very pleased with these updates.

Now all i need is some money to afford a big boy converter
Originally Posted by chevrolet all the way
awesome work Chris! This is why i send everyone i can to yall. my 60e is coming out of the truck so i will be getting a multidisk 80e toy from you soon!
Thanks guys.... Ready when ever you are.

Chris
Old 12-19-2012, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds great Chris! Keep up the good work!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that some sick stuff right there, the last converter i've gotten from ya works flawlessly, could be alittle looser on the foot brake but im ma waite to see how it reacts on a big shot
Old 12-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by skeet
that some sick stuff right there, the last converter i've gotten from ya works flawlessly, could be alittle looser on the foot brake but im ma waite to see how it reacts on a big shot
Yes, please keep us updated on it Skeet. You have a very interesting combo and looking forward to the results.

Chris
Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Raising the bar again sweet!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I I'm about to start a na 370 build, can y'all build a converter to mate a ls engine to a lt style 4l60e? It's for a 97 z71
Old 12-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by james8997
I I'm about to start a na 370 build, can y'all build a converter to mate a ls engine to a lt style 4l60e? It's for a 97 z71
No problem. You can shoot me an "Ask Chris" with all you vehicle info and I can help spec one out. Ready when you are....

Chris

Quick Reply: CDS - Updates