Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Changed Trans Fluid and filter and something

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Changed Trans Fluid and filter and something

Well I had my fluid changed and the filter. Now it feels as if it is trying to take off from second gear. Even manually shifting it to first. I have not put a mile on it so I am pulling the pan and filter again to see if I can spot anything. Anyone got any ideas? 06 model awd with just under 50k miles. No codes
I am very distressed as it is the only vehicle for me and the wife at the moment. My truck is currently in surgery getting . . . you guessed it a transmission. An FLT level 5 4l80. I cant afford another trans.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Where's the Beef?

What fluid did you put in it?

III or VI
Old 04-17-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zeake
Well I had my fluid changed and the filter. Now it feels as if it is trying to take off from second gear. Even manually shifting it to first. I have not put a mile on it so I am pulling the pan and filter again to see if I can spot anything. Anyone got any ideas? 06 model awd with just under 50k miles. No codes
I am very distressed as it is the only vehicle for me and the wife at the moment. My truck is currently in surgery getting . . . you guessed it a transmission. An FLT level 5 4l80. I cant afford another trans.
I definitely feel your pain.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

6 and found it. Something unplugged.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Where's the Beef?

could you be more specific? someone else may stumble across this thread with the same problem and Something unplugged just won't cut it.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

6 and found it. Something unplugged.
That's what I was gonna say, the pan can be a bitch and there is always the possibility of unplugging something. Glad you found it.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

The plugs in the back of the valve body had been slightly unplugged getting the pan off. I would have took pictures of said plugs had I actually been the one working on it. I did slide under on a creeper to see them. Freaked me out. I just spent a crap load of $$$$$$ on a new flt level 5 4l80 for my truck including PI torque converter and core charge for the trans. I would have to park the TBSS that the wife drives and have no running vehicle.
I also have an 8 hour drive tomorrow to pick up a new puppie. A trip that has been scheduled and planned for a couple of months.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:42 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably one of the shift solenoid connectors got knocked off....
Old 04-18-2010, 04:28 AM
TECH Addict

The plugs in the back of the valve body had been slightly unplugged getting the pan off. I would have took pictures of said plugs had I actually been the one working on it. I did slide under on a creeper to see them. Freaked me out. I just spent a crap load of $$$$$$ on a new flt level 5 4l80 for my truck including PI torque converter and core charge for the trans. I would have to park the TBSS that the wife drives and have no running vehicle.
I also have an 8 hour drive tomorrow to pick up a new puppie. A trip that has been scheduled and planned for a couple of months.
I read PI converter...was there any metal residue in the trans fluid?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
I read PI converter...was there any metal residue in the trans fluid?
The PI converter is in my truck with the new 4l80. The TBSS is Completely stock except for a kn filter

Quick Reply: Changed Trans Fluid and filter and something