Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Circle-D

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Circle-D

I wonder anybody who had done bought a circle-d with $375 Any difference. mpg and does they have mutli disc? I dont understand why two different price $375 and $995. Id like to see who people had done with this and see how it work.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the $375 one its actually a re-worked trail blazer stall single disk it works very good for a hell of a price.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

If you can't decipher the differences between those converters based on the information already on their website, you're better off letting someone else pick out everything for your truck. Just tell them what you want it to drive like and let them make the decision for you.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
If you can't decipher the differences between those converters based on the information already on their website, you're better off letting someone else pick out everything for your truck. Just tell them what you want it to drive like and let them make the decision for you.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes I do understand. I just not know why if the price of $375 not come with mutli disk just thought it would keep stay mpg? Or it is just same mpg from single disk and mutli disk, am I wrong? I did pm circle d and see whats happen. Id update with yall.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Wearin' da big hat

A multi disk converter will always be more expensive. They're a stronger more durable part and are designed to handle more power. The cheaper ($375) units are usually just rebuilt stock units with upgraded parts and higher stall speeds while their more expensive units are usually a billet case and use top quality bearings, clutch material, etc etc.

I'm sure Chris will give you all the info you'd like on their converters. He is a very smart guy and their service is second to none IMO.

If I had to recommend a converter to you, I'd recommend their Billet line of converters, specifically the multi disk since you might be boosted at some point in the future. It is a good investment and might as well buy it now instead of later.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
A multi disk converter will always be more expensive. They're a stronger more durable part and are designed to handle more power. The cheaper ($375) units are usually just rebuilt stock units with upgraded parts and higher stall speeds while their more expensive units are usually a billet case and use top quality bearings, clutch material, etc etc.

I'm sure Chris will give you all the info you'd like on their converters. He is a very smart guy and their service is second to none IMO.

If I had to recommend a converter to you, I'd recommend their Billet line of converters, specifically the multi disk since you might be boosted at some point in the future. It is a good investment and might as well buy it now instead of later.
Thank for an explain. Yes but I would change to 80e once I boost one day. Thats why which one should I do for n/a motor just cam. I d not want pay 995 dollars a converter to put on 60e. Cux I would go to get 80e will be worth to spend 995 for boost. so Just this is for n/a with cam.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Then I'd suggest a single disk billet converter.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scott is talking about the circle D 3C converter. i absolutely love mine. i would recommend sending chris at circle d specialties an email or PM and telling him what you have and he will take care of you
Old 05-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by 03chevyroyce
scott is talking about the circle D 3C converter. i absolutely love mine. i would recommend sending chris at circle d specialties an email or PM and telling him what you have and he will take care of you
Well the 3C is the stall speed rating, but yes the Billet stage one series.

Quick Reply: Circle-D