Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Circle D - new website - check it out

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Circle-D
Sorry, forgot about the Loose term.

The smaller the converter diameter, the higher it will stall. The term loose and tight are very interesting in the converter world. Sometimes it can just refer to the stall, meaning a 3500 stall converter is looser than a 3000. It can also refer to how well a converter drives. Meaning a 3000 stall converter that is very tight, so it drives almost like a stock converter. It does not take much throttle to get the vehicle moving at low speeds. Basically the same throttle pressure required as the OE.

Chris
Can you make a triple disc as tight as the stocker or close to it, but still flash to around 3200-3400?

Or is the 278mm strong enough under a cammed, tuned, etc. 6.0?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jiar577
Can you make a triple disc as tight as the stocker or close to it, but still flash to around 3200-3400?

Or is the 278mm strong enough under a cammed, tuned, etc. 6.0?
I would rate the 278 to about 450 RWHP. I can build a 258mm that will drive very nice and flash to about 3200 - no problem. And of course with a multi disk.

Chris
Old 12-16-2009, 11:58 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I wish I could drive my truck right NOW

Getting closer though...just ordered my u-joints, nickle plated slip yoke, and clip for the transfer case pump...hope to order my tune from BlackBear within the next week or so, then send some more money to FLT...I'm hoping to have it ready for spring

Sorry to get off-topic...I'm just jonesin to drive my truck
Old 12-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by budhayes3

Getting closer though...just ordered my u-joints, nickle plated slip yoke, and clip for the transfer case pump...hope to order my tune from BlackBear within the next week or so, then send some more money to FLT...I'm hoping to have it ready for spring

I had to look up "jonesin". I have never heard that term before. I found this from Urban Dictionary:

jonesing - to have a strong need, desire, or craving for something.
see also: jones

Sheeeit beeeitch after smokin' dat weed I'm jonesing for some grub!

Very funny....

Chris
Old 12-16-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3

Your fortitude is strong bud. You've gone how long without driving your truck now? LOL. I just can't imagine what's going to happen when you find out that the 6 liter just isn't enough. You'll be saving up for another 10 years LOL.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had to look up "jonesin". I have never heard that term before. I found this from Urban Dictionary:

Very funny....

Chris
Here's another one that'll really mess you up...Throw back to Cheech and Chong days, "...I got a basketball jones..." What's that mean?

HINT...its not the same as the above definition.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 03 BLACKOUTSSS
Here's another one that'll really mess you up...Throw back to Cheech and Chong days, "...I got a basketball jones..." What's that mean?

HINT...its not the same as the above definition.
Google is my friend -

jones

An obsession; a burning desire. The undeniable passion or love for someone or something.

"Basketball Jones, I got a basketball jones, I got a basketball jones ooh baby..."
Old 12-17-2009, 11:30 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very funny....

Chris
LOL...yea, I have a strong desire, need, and craving to drive my truck...I'm the epitome of jonesin'

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Your fortitude is strong bud. You've gone how long without driving your truck now? LOL. I just can't imagine what's going to happen when you find out that the 6 liter just isn't enough. You'll be saving up for another 10 years LOL.
Thanks Michael....it's been over a year since I've driven my truck (Nov 22 2008)...I know that date by heart, that's when the trans took a You're right, what am I going to do when I outgrow the 6.0...I'm already daydreaming about superchargers (my Trucker cam would be awesome with a Maggie but then I think I'd have to go for an FLT 80E...one trans at a time lol ). My 3 year old daughter will be in college by the time I save up for that...gotta hit the lottery...

anyway, back on topic...Circle-D's new website rocks I visit it all the time and dream about my 258mm triple disc
Old 12-17-2009, 12:17 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Great looking site Chris! Only thing I see that you need is some more customers rides and their storys and praises. Thanks for mine
Old 12-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
Great looking site Chris! Only thing I see that you need is some more customers rides and their storys and praises. Thanks for mine
That is the next step. Still need to add a few products.

Feel free to leave a post in our forum in the Raving Fan section, it would be much appreciated.

Chris

Quick Reply: Circle D - new website - check it out