Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Circle D Vs Yank

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like everyone said, flip a coin and choose that way is what I found, I do not personally know yet but the Circle D 3000-3200 is going in my truck first thing tomorrow morning. Here is hoping that it all goes good
Old 12-04-2010, 01:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KozzyJr
thanks for the advice looks like the yank is a lil cheaper so looks like ill get that one
Absolutely horrible way to make a decision. That's like settling for the fat chick because she's easy

I've never had a Yank personally, thousands of other people have and love them. From my understand, Yank makes the converters and have them on the shelf ready to sell. While they obviously work great, why not, for the same money, get one custom tailored to your truck from circle d???

Circle d does have a 3000 converter for $375shipped to pt.net users. Check them out. Chris has been extremely helpful to me with all the questions I asked him
Old 12-04-2010, 02:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Phantom
Absolutely horrible way to make a decision. That's like settling for the fat chick because she's easy

I've never had a Yank personally, thousands of other people have and love them. From my understand, Yank makes the converters and have them on the shelf ready to sell. While they obviously work great, why not, for the same money, get one custom tailored to your truck from circle d???

Circle d does have a 3000 converter for $375shipped to pt.net users. Check them out. Chris has been extremely helpful to me with all the questions I asked him
i got a hold of dave today at yank and he recommened the PT3200 for what im doing so it still gonna cost me a grand with shipping here to canada plus i like the 3 yr warranty! hey fat chick need lovin too!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO if you have an efficient converter for your application you don't have to worry about locking it up at WOT. I have seen and tested both products mentioned here and they are all quality! I would suggest getting in contact with both and make your decision based on which you feel more comfortable with. Vince b
Old 12-04-2010, 10:02 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't go wrong either way, as mentioned, and mentioned, both are great products and both companies provide great customer service. I love my Circle-D, and can't say a bad thing about Chris at Circle-D, he went above and beyond with not only answering my questions, but also taking care of having my verter shipped to FLT, twice, since I changed my mind on the stall speed before the converter was even slid on the input shaft and run on the dyno.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 08k1500_3
Like everyone said, flip a coin and choose that way is what I found, I do not personally know yet but the Circle D 3000-3200 is going in my truck first thing tomorrow morning. Here is hoping that it all goes good
thats the same one i have and have been beating on it for about 15k now with no issues. i love it

Last edited by 06Sierra2; 12-04-2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-04-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

i have no doubt about the circle d capabilities or chris in his Customer Service. just not sure of lockup at WOT, not saying its a bad thing just not sure i'd like it. my brother has had yank on his last 6 trucks and has loved them.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:48 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

i have no doubt about the circle d capabilities or chris in his Customer Service. just not sure of lockup at WOT, not saying its a bad thing just not sure i'd like it. my brother has had yank on his last 6 trucks and has loved them.
Well Yank recommends against locking at WOT, while Chris encourages it with his triple disc. I have the billet 258mm triple disc and I can tell you that when the tcc locks it's downright violent
Old 12-04-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

iv been tring to find some info in circle d like warranty? input anyone?
Old 12-04-2010, 12:04 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

iv been tring to find some info in circle d like warranty? input anyone?
Hmmm, not sure, haven't needed to use mine It's not on their website?

Quick Reply: Circle D Vs Yank