Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

could a well known tranny co. be selling junk??

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Actually, I think this is a very viable possibility and one that is not that slim at all. Why? When Chuck and Vince built my 80e and shipped it to me someone in the local UPS hub tried to steal it. No lie. They marked it picked up and claimed I picked it up despite not having any id information for me that was in anyway valid (a fake DL number).

Turns out they had misplaced (hidden) the shipping container in a rectangular area that was blocked off with big crates (refrig size stuff) and I would have missed it if I didn't know exactly what the container looked like and caught the corner of it between a 2 inch gap between two big crates...

Of course it was all a big mistake and gee now they could clear it for me. No mention was ever made again about all the phoney baloney in the computer...

I'm SURE I would have had to prove I didn't receive it...

What happened in this case, I don't know obviously. ...
You sure would've had to prove u never got it. Great story, too bad for you, but good that you're a bloodhound.

Originally Posted by stevenc
Speaking of shipping companies.. There are a lot of shady people that work at them. A neighbor of mine works for Fedex and rips off ipods, tvs, computers, etc all day long.

Could be shipping..

Could be builder.. I once had a well known respected local engine builder try and walk off with a standard bore 302 block of mine and try and tell me my block was .060 over already. Little did he know I stamped my initials in the block prior to bringing it in.

Me personally, Blame your current builder. He may not have wanted to run your build cost up, but he may have wanted to discredit them to earn your trust and your business.

No one will really ever know. I have a used stock transmission in my truck, I had no history on it, it's taken as much of a beating as my stockers have so far. Nothing wrong with used transmissions.
A lot of shady people work at shipping companies? And a lot don't, true anywhere. You know of others? Cause your neighbor is a P.O.S.

RotaryResurrection, u found out this guy was actually a well known scammer who a lot of people were looking for?

Yet neither of you helped to "corral" said P.O.S's. How would u feel if someone scammed your stuff? Just sayin, cause I've had stuff ripped off, not necessarily from shippin co.'s, sucks either way.

I'm very of people. Earn my trust then we'll go from there. Plain & simple.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
RotaryResurrection, u found out this guy was actually a well known scammer who a lot of people were looking for?

Yet neither of you helped to "corral" said P.O.S's. How would u feel if someone scammed your stuff? Just sayin, cause I've had stuff ripped off, not necessarily from shippin co.'s, sucks either way.
By the time I found out for sure, I had already built the engine, and had no recourse to let him pay for it.

I did tell others that I'd found out who he was and that he would be here. Most of the people he'd scammed were out of state and didn't care enough to come "meet" him over a couple hundred bucks.

A couple guys already knew where he lived and worked and had legal judgements against him they'd yet to be able to collect on, and were not interested in operating "outside the law". The guy lives in the backwoods of NC in an ultra small town, and he claims he has the local PD (which consists of 2-3 guys) "in his pocket" .

Finally the guy always rolls with a crew of 2-3 other guys, which is part of what helped me recognize him in the first place, I guess that is so nobody will mess with him.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
You sure would've had to prove u never got it. Great story, too bad for you, but good that you're a bloodhound.

A lot of shady people work at shipping companies? And a lot don't, true anywhere. You know of others? Cause your neighbor is a P.O.S.

I'm very of people. Earn my trust then we'll go from there. Plain & simple.
Corraling the POS won't do much, after all they play basket ball with small packages when the supervisors aren't looking. It's not just my neighbor, there are a lot of it that goes on. My grandmother lost her wedding ring after her jeweler sent it Fedex to get cleaned. The jeweler received the box empty with an obvious repack done.

Most people that work for shipping companies do not care about your items. I work as a system administrator & network engineer. Its not uncommon to receive servers that have the internals completely dismounted from where they should be due to dropping etc despite fragile. I have seen UPS guys drop boxes containing network gear on the ground as they take it from the truck in downtown los angeles.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Corraling the POS won't do much, after all they play basket ball with small packages when the supervisors aren't looking. It's not just my neighbor, there are a lot of it that goes on. My grandmother lost her wedding ring after her jeweler sent it Fedex to get cleaned. The jeweler received the box empty with an obvious repack done.

Most people that work for shipping companies do not care about your items. I work as a system administrator & network engineer. Its not uncommon to receive servers that have the internals completely dismounted from where they should be due to dropping etc despite fragile. I have seen UPS guys drop boxes containing network gear on the ground as they take it from the truck in downtown los angeles.
Yes, that's why I always deliberately bait them to screw with me when shipping an expensive or easily breakable item. I will ship cheap worthless parts in boxes for valuable items (stereo equipment boxes, computer equipment boxes, power tool boxes, etc.) then insure the heck out of it for several hundred bucks, and dare someone to steal my ****. Then if it is something expensive but not something likely to be stolen, I insure it for at least double it's value and dare them to break it...if they do, I'll just buy a new one and get paid for it.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:55 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RotaryResurrection
Turns out he made some very minor punch marks in a pattern on some of the parts of the block, so they could tell if I had screwed HIM. I was like, you've gotta be shitting me.
This is actually a very good tip for everybody who uses machine shops. I have an uncle in Oregon who basically had a machine shop(who he had used for years & trusted) "steal" his 427 side-oiler Ford block. I'm sure most of you know how rare & valuable these things are. Anyways, they had it for a very long time(side job for a 'buddy' kind of deal). When he finally went to pay the bill & pick it up, there were no marks. NOT HIS ENGINE!!

He had to sue them, and it took over 2 years to get his own engine back(it was in somebody else's vehicle.......I think the other person had to sue them also.......)

This **** happens all the time guys. I'm in the auto repair business, and it's hard to believe how few honest people are left out there.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Corraling the POS won't do much, after all they play basket ball with small packages when the supervisors aren't looking. It's not just my neighbor, there are a lot of it that goes on.

Playin BB w/. small pkgs. Somebody's been watchin Pet Detective. Do u think they're droppin those pkgs. intentionally as they take it from truck? I know what you're sayin but accidents do happen.

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
...This **** happens all the time guys. I'm in the auto repair business, and it's hard to believe how few honest people are left out there.
Not really. I hear bout it all the time. I guess when you're a gearhead, these stories draw your attn. more.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:35 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

There's thieves everywhere in every sort of business, and I'm sure that there are guys working for shipping companies who make more money fencing the stuff they steal than they do from their own paycheck. I'm pretty tight with my UPS guy, he's always been helpful to me and actually hung out for a few minutes the other day waiting for me to come home because he knew that I was waiting for a package that contained Zhu Zhu pets that my daughter was very excited about.

I also have a personal friend who works for UPS who I know is an honest stand up guy...most of you guys "know" him too, and I know that he's seen this thread Too bad that the scum bag crooks give the whole crew a bad name
Old 03-31-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

Where are the pictures at?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:53 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02Reaper
Where are the pictures at?
After this whole big ordeal about us supposedly screwing our customers, I was kind of wondering the same thing. Maybe there is other issues with the trans or vehicle at this point was all I could figure.

The fact of the matter is if we were not delivering as advertised, FLT would not have been around for as long as we have. Chuck has been a sponsor on LS1tech almost for it's entire existence with FLP and now FLT. I have been with him for over five years with FLT. In this time sponsoring other sites which include this one and a few others. If our practices were not as advertised you would have heard about it by now.

In this thread another builder even said he has been in our units and everything was on the up and up. I will note that our build sheets do change from time to time as we modify our program. I know that in the last year we have added a billet over run piston and also a shift valve in the valve body.

Not sure if the current build list was presented to the local guy or if it was from the time that the trans was built. But from what was posted in this thread about us not doing as advertised is not correct. I will say it again we at FLT do not operate as we have been accused. Companies that do this do not stay in business as long as we have period!

Posting pictures of the wrong parts only will prove that it is our word as a well known sponsor here verses a local builder who this forum does not recognize. I feel that the said builder is only taking a shot at us in order to make him self look good. We as PTN do not know who this guy is or even where he is located.

With this being said Bulldogs point of this thread was wrong in my opinion. Why is it he did not contact us first with his concerns about certain parts not being in this unit is beyond me?

I do appreciate the FLT supporters in this thread. We know the truth and it has been proven for years past and many years to come. Thank you. Vince
Old 04-03-2010, 05:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanted to chime in here as well to back up FLT. I have dealt with Vince and the crew on several occasions and have always been very impressed. Their attention to detail speaks for itself. Definitely one of the best in the business.

Chris

Quick Reply: could a well known tranny co. be selling junk??