Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

cruise control and TCC

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 06:05 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 80e has that same problem from everyone I've talked to. My TCC (60e series) stays locked until the mph I set is reached. My "Cruise" tables are the same as my "normal". I think Dusty nailed it with DFCO but I haven't learned how to adjust that yet to try.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:16 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one thing i found also was to try raising you missfire table. the higher stall make the computer think there is a missfire. might try that.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my work truck with a 80e goes back and forth when im cruise controlling downhill. even worse in 3rd gear. it says it will do that in the owners manual. i dont know if thats what your talking about though.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:23 PM
How do I change this text

Have you loged the pid for the tcc? I would guess dfco, disable it and see if there is any change. Keep in mind the 03 + pcm command a pwm with out it being locked (stupid pcms) also what you found about the converter is true. The lesser mass of the converter needs to be accounted for in the miss fire tables!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:04 PM
12 Second Truck Club

i'll try it out when i get a trans lol. could you zero out the pwm tables after a shift kit is installed that does away with it anyway? or am i miss understanding what the shift kit does?
Old 05-13-2008, 01:17 AM
How do I change this text

shift kit typically allow more oil to the clutch pack psitons. They should have little affect on tcc function. (unless you mod the tcc valve). normally (I'm not 100% positive on the 03+) when you lift the TPS to 0% it unlocks the converter. There isn't ANYTHING you can do to the tcc tables to keep this from happening, 0%tps = unlock.
Now on the newer pcm they fuction quite differently than the older ones, like I said they can command a pwm to the solenoid and the tcc wont lock....
Old 07-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Launching!

Did anyone figure this out completely.....I have a 2000 rcsb with a level three and a 3000 vigilante stall.

My truck will also unlock the converter at very light throttle in overdrive, even in drive it will do the same but not as bad. If the truck makes a long pull up a hill, when it tops the hill the converter will unlock....somtimes for a long time unless I give it a little more gas then it will lock back up. My truck seems to do this when the trans temp gets to 200 or 205.....below that it works great. I did install a 4.10 the other day and it did not do it all the way home from work but the trans was at 195 instead of 200. I would like to hear more on this since it seems to be an issue with others as well. Any help is greatly appreciated guys!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:05 PM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
0%tps = unlock.

I don't know that to be true as the ONLY variable to determine releasing the TC. This is just one dependency (variable) that must be satisfied in order for the PCM to unlock the TC. The final variable that determines if the TC is released is actual speed (mph) given the actual gear the trans is in. This is where the release cells of the apply/release tables come in.

4.8T... post a screenshot of your TCC apply/release (normal, hot, and performance), duty cycle, and release TPS% tables. Take note of what your release speed cells for 4th gear look like. Log a few runs decelerating normally & w/ cruise engaged. Watch the speed, and TCC lockup command using VCM Scanner. I don't have lockup issues like this with my setup ('00 PCM & built 65e w/ Yank SS3200).

*edit*

Found this from HPT Support:
-----------------------------
TCC Release TPS - This table is the required TPS at a certain speed and gear to release the TCC.
-----------------------------
Old 07-20-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carfreak07
My truck will also unlock the converter at very light throttle in overdrive, even in drive it will do the same but not as bad. If the truck makes a long pull up a hill, when it tops the hill the converter will unlock....somtimes for a long time unless I give it a little more gas then it will lock back up. My truck seems to do this when the trans temp gets to 200 or 205.....below that it works great. I did install a 4.10 the other day and it did not do it all the way home from work but the trans was at 195 instead of 200. I would like to hear more on this since it seems to be an issue with others as well. Any help is greatly appreciated guys!
Had a problem very similar sounding to this. Went back and forth with my tuner trying to correct. Ended up purchacing EFIlive. Any way on to my fix.

Try setting the TCC Solenoid minimum and maximum to 90 and 99%.

Think there is three active tcc release threads going on. Good luck.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:55 AM
12 Second Truck Club

i'll postem up. i tried it this weekend. it works tcc stays locked but it bucks back and forth and you can watch the timing and tps move up and down when it bucks useing my hpt scanner.

Quick Reply: cruise control and TCC