Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Did vette servo swap today

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did vette servo swap today

Best mod i have done yet. I was amazed at how much better and crisper the tranny feels now. I recommend it for any one that hasnt done it yet. Only complain i have was the damn snap ring for the servo cover gave me a fit putting it back in. Other than that it went quick. Just thought id share my experience

Oh and all thanks to you guys for posting up threads on how to do it as well
Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2007chevy5.3l
Best mod i have done yet. I was amazed at how much better and crisper the tranny feels now. I recommend it for any one that hasnt done it yet. Only complain i have was the damn snap ring for the servo cover gave me a fit putting it back in. Other than that it went quick. Just thought id share my experience

Oh and all thanks to you guys for posting up threads on how to do it as well
I have the Corvette servo and the 4th hold billet servo. Works great. That snap-ring is a sun-of-a-gun till you get the hang of it, I believe that is the hardest part

Don
Old 01-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Launching!

+1 on one of the better and inexpensive mods you can do. At least you remembered to put the snap-ring back in the first time around. I lost a gallon of brand spankin new tranny fluid all around my block...
Old 01-08-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i put a vette 2nd and billet 4th in my old trans but my new trans only has a vette 2nd and stock 4th. builder said the 4th servo is only needed for high speed racing (like 130+) dont know how true that is but my truck shifts fine with out it
Old 01-08-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dlstewart01
I have the Corvette servo and the 4th hold billet servo. Works great. That snap-ring is a sun-of-a-gun till you get the hang of it, I believe that is the hardest part

Don
Amen to the snap ring part

Originally Posted by BOSS302
+1 on one of the better and inexpensive mods you can do. At least you remembered to put the snap-ring back in the first time around. I lost a gallon of brand spankin new tranny fluid all around my block...
Ouch, i had nightmares of that happening to me

Originally Posted by 454navyss
i put a vette 2nd and billet 4th in my old trans but my new trans only has a vette 2nd and stock 4th. builder said the 4th servo is only needed for high speed racing (like 130+) dont know how true that is but my truck shifts fine with out it
I sadly wont see 130+ since im still on a stock tune with a 98mph limiter
Old 01-08-2009, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 454navyss
What it does for me is I tow a camper, and it holds the overdrive band 40% tighter. I can tow in overdrive without hurting the trans or building excessive heat. been in there 3 years with out any problem.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

What it does for me is I tow a camper, and it holds the overdrive band 40% tighter. I can tow in overdrive without hurting the trans or building excessive heat. been in there 3 years with out any problem.
Its a nice feeling to have knowing your tranny is safer
Old 01-08-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i tow 5000+ pounds quite a bit but my trans hasnt gotten over 140* since i put my trans cooler on it but now knowing it holds overdrive tighter i may put the billet servo in this trans....
Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

Right....... Considering you are still at the mercy of the WEAK 3-4 clutch pack. I smoked my 3-4 clutch pack and the last month of driving it around in 3rd (was still mostly drivable in 3rd) I beat the **** out of it hoping to just nuke it and the 1-2 never gave it up. 2nd and 4th are the same band so yes it may save the band but it in no way beefs up the 3-4 clutch pack or any of the rest of the transmission.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by oldred95
Right....... Considering you are still at the mercy of the WEAK 3-4 clutch pack. I smoked my 3-4 clutch pack and the last month of driving it around in 3rd (was still mostly drivable in 3rd) I beat the **** out of it hoping to just nuke it and the 1-2 never gave it up. 2nd and 4th are the same band so yes it may save the band but it in no way beefs up the 3-4 clutch pack or any of the rest of the transmission.
Well its like the old lady who peed in the ocean, every little bit helps.

Don

Quick Reply: Did vette servo swap today