Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Djm Lcas

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 09:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Djm Lcas

are the djm 2" lca a good choice to drop the front, for the rear i have 4" hotchkis leafs i am wanting an easy install and good quality

is the ride on 2 drop coils bad as people claim anyone have some installed to give imput?

which shocks do yall recomend for a setup like this

i am ordering slam air helper bags for the rear to prevent any bottoming out which occurs with the 4" drop plus i occasionally tow any info on these?
Old 02-03-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 2" DJM lower control arms on my Tahoe and I can't wait to get those damn things off ! I am changing all of my suspension to a Mcgaughys 2/3 deluxe kit. The DJM's just create a ton of bumpsteer which is not to safe on a rough road of highway. And on the shocks the DJM shocks suck. They are close to 50.00 each and I have blown out 3 shocks two in front and one in the back. If you have 17 or bigger wheels I'd go with the Mcgaughys 2" lowering spindles. When I went for a ride in a Tahoe with a Mcgaughys kit I knew that not all lowering kits were the same. The ride quaility was like night and day. Also the slam bags is a good idea. In my Sierra I have a 4/6 with flip kit and I can't put not much weight in there at all. I am going to be ordering a Belltech air bag kit part number 5008. As it seems be the better one. I hope some of this info helps.

Danny
Old 02-03-2006, 09:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 01wtahoe
I have the 2" DJM lower control arms on my Tahoe and I can't wait to get those damn things off ! I am changing all of my suspension to a Mcgaughys 2/3 deluxe kit. The DJM's just create a ton of bumpsteer which is not to safe on a rough road of highway. And on the shocks the DJM shocks suck. They are close to 50.00 each and I have blown out 3 shocks two in front and one in the back. If you have 17 or bigger wheels I'd go with the Mcgaughys 2" lowering spindles. When I went for a ride in a Tahoe with a Mcgaughys kit I knew that not all lowering kits were the same. The ride quaility was like night and day. Also the slam bags is a good idea. In my Sierra I have a 4/6 with flip kit and I can't put not much weight in there at all. I am going to be ordering a Belltech air bag kit part number 5008. As it seems be the better one. I hope some of this info helps.

Danny
Im glad you said that. I was considering ordering the 2" LCA's instead of getting the mcgaughys kit that i had planned until i saw this. Im going to stick with mcgaughys kit and doetch tech shocks. Cant lose that way!
Old 02-03-2006, 09:54 AM
11 Second Truck Club

if you go with the 2" drop coils up front, go with the hotchkis. they ride pretty good with the stock shocks.