Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

which drop kit(2/4 or 3/4) company for performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which drop kit(2/4 or 3/4) company for performance

hey guys, i want to put either a 2/4 or 3/4 on my truck but i want better cornering performance out of it. i know my straight line performance will suffer a little from dropping it, i just wanted to make sure it would handle well too. most companies do spindle drops but that doesnt help cornering cuz the spring is still the same. if i could do part of my drop using both that would be great. or would it be good to use spindles and some monster sway bars. i want to do a 3/4 because the truck will have a little rake to it. my brothers truck is like that and it looks good cuz you can see the fat 295 series tires. any help is appreciated. thanks
Bryan
Old 02-12-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hotchkis for handling, without a doubt.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Stiffer springs are not the only way to make a truck handle better. A drop kit using spindles/ hangers will lower the center of gravity- this is the real advantage.

I would recommend spindles/ sway bars/ Bilstein's for the easiest/ best way to drop for looks+ performance.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Check out McGaughys they have a combination of Springs and Spindles for the front and hangers/shackles for the back that should get you what you want in a drop. The lower center of cravity will go a long way to improving your handling as stated already. Most people go for a 2/4 but that can be adjusted to a 2/3 if you want some rake and taken back to a 2/4 if you change your mind. They also have 4/6 and 5/7 drops for the slammed look and those looking for a more radical drop. The rear hangers/shackles are adjustable and you should be able to get a 3",4" or 5" drop in the rear to get you the rake you want.
Then you can beef up your shocks and/or swaybars if you feel the need to improve handling some more. Test out the drop first to see if it does the job for you.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by emperor72
Stiffer springs are not the only way to make a truck handle better. A drop kit using spindles/ hangers will lower the center of gravity- this is the real advantage.

I would recommend spindles/ sway bars/ Bilstein's for the easiest/ best way to drop for looks+ performance.
I've had both, Hotchkis handles way better than any other way.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks yall, mcgaughys is a company that im looking at and ill look into hotchkis too
Old 02-13-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nick99Chevy
Hotchkis for handling, without a doubt.
Hotchkis is the ONLY company that makes perfomace handling set up for our trucks. Im in the market for a Hotchkis drop.

PM me if you are interested in doing a group buy...
Old 02-13-2005, 03:00 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hotchkis Don't bother with other companies, unless there is a new one out recently that I don't know of. Oh, and get the sway bars too if you want better handling.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i found this kit http://www.hopupracing.com/hocotvspacht.html is this a good deal? its exactly how much i wanted to lower it
Old 02-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Wow I was just about to ask this almost exact question. Looks like I'll have to go for my first choice after all. Hotchkis!

Quick Reply: which drop kit(2/4 or 3/4) company for performance