Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Drop spindles or controls arms?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drop spindles or controls arms?

Looking for ride quality. I hear diffrent stories from diffrent people. I'm hearing about bumb steer with spindles from ECSB and no bumb steer from control arms ECSB. I'm also hearing people with CCSB saying control arms have bumb steer n not spindles so me having ECSB I'm leaning to control arms can any of you help me out n give me more advice on or tell me your exspirence with setups. I'm going 3 or 4 front and 6 rear. Beltech is my my brand choice of kit on the rear right now although they do not offer control arms so it would have to be spindles unless persuaded otherwise to control arms which in that case would be DJM. Thanx
Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Launching!

i also have an ecsb 04 model. i lowered mine 2/4 for looks but mostly handling. i used belltech spindles in the front and hotchkis leaf kit in the back for a reason. the belltech spindles actually optimize front geometry for handling. i do notice a little bumpsteer but i also have 275/45r20s on 20X9 wheels. can be tuned out with a bumpsteer correction kit but havent gotten that far with the truck yet. got the hotchkis rear spring kit after doin a lotta research. the kit comes with new leaf packs, flipped carrier bearing bracket, and a spacer for tranny mount. driveshaft is flat as a board and havent had any vibration runnin 6500rpms and 135mph so far. going lower than that your problem gonna have some issues come up that your gonna have to work on. wish you luck. just love how my truck sits as is, would like to drop it another inch all around though. lol.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have 4" LCA's and have no bumpsteer whatsoever. the front end of the truck rides like stock(will change depending on shocks)
Old 10-20-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

subscribed.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1TRUCKGUY
i have 4" LCA's and have no bumpsteer whatsoever. the front end of the truck rides like stock(will change depending on shocks)
Whats lca's you went with
Old 10-20-2010, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

for what its worth i have a 00' RCSB 2wd silverado. i lowered the easy way with the djm kit. didnt like the ride quality so I went with the 2'' spindle and 2'' spring set up from mcgaughy. much better ride quality! however the turning radius suffered from the spindle, spring set up. even though i am satisfied with the swap
Old 10-21-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamedee
Whats lca's you went with
DJM. they ride great as long as you get a good set of shocks. no bumpsteer or uneven tread wear. they have been on the truck 4+ years with absolutely no problems
Old 10-21-2010, 07:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1TRUCKGUY
DJM. they ride great as long as you get a good set of shocks. no bumpsteer or uneven tread wear. they have been on the truck 4+ years with absolutely no problems
Thats what I wanted to hear.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by acethedragon
i also have an ecsb 04 model. i lowered mine 2/4 for looks but mostly handling. i used belltech spindles in the front and hotchkis leaf kit in the back for a reason. the belltech spindles actually optimize front geometry for handling. i do notice a little bumpsteer but i also have 275/45r20s on 20X9 wheels. can be tuned out with a bumpsteer correction kit but havent gotten that far with the truck yet. got the hotchkis rear spring kit after doin a lotta research. the kit comes with new leaf packs, flipped carrier bearing bracket, and a spacer for tranny mount. driveshaft is flat as a board and havent had any vibration runnin 6500rpms and 135mph so far. going lower than that your problem gonna have some issues come up that your gonna have to work on. wish you luck. just love how my truck sits as is, would like to drop it another inch all around though. lol.
Is the rear kit from Belltech not as good as the parts you got from Hotchkis? My truck just got totaled out but I'm buying it back and since I need to replace the passenger leaf spring I figured I might as well put the drop I've been wanting in. I've pretty much decided for looks and drive ability that I want to go 2" in the front and 4" in the rear also with some 20" rims. I'll be driving it unloaded about 95% of the time but I do have a pop up camper I'll need to pull from time to time and I prefer to make it not just look good but handle better also as I'd like to get into some form of lite road racing someday in addition to hitting the drags a few times a year. Thanks for any input.