Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Which drop springs for the REAR??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which drop springs for the REAR??

Does anyone have experience with Eibach drop leaf springs or Belltech 3" drop leaf springs? I don;t know that much about the Eibach pair except that theyre cheaper.. Let me know what you think!

Belltech-
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...2&partid=33111

Eibach-
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 09-04-2008, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didnt like going with new leafs because i think they would be too soft for me, im just going to go with the good old shacke and hanger kit, i like how with it being lowered the spring will be just as stiff and will have less chance of bottoming out, if you want it lower than it is and you already have the shackle/hanger i would do a flip kit/c-notch and put the stock shackle/hanger back on, but as far as it goes for a preference between the two, they both do the same thing and belltech makes great lowering kits, and eibach has been making springs and lowering kits but more based on a performance/racing standpoint, but they both lower the truck and its really just personal preference. oh and btw its the belltechs that are cheaper, according to the links you provided.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 006rcsb
i didnt like going with new leafs because i think they would be too soft for me, im just going to go with the good old shacke and hanger kit, i like how with it being lowered the spring will be just as stiff and will have less chance of bottoming out, if you want it lower than it is and you already have the shackle/hanger i would do a flip kit/c-notch and put the stock shackle/hanger back on, but as far as it goes for a preference between the two, they both do the same thing and belltech makes great lowering kits, and eibach has been making springs and lowering kits but more based on a performance/racing standpoint, but they both lower the truck and its really just personal preference. oh and btw its the belltechs that are cheaper, according to the links you provided.
thanks for the input! the Eibachs are listed as a pair and the Belltechs as seperate so the Eibachs are actually cheaper. I want to retain my 2" hangers since ive welded my front long bar brackets to them, which gives me no other choice than to do lowering springs..

BUMP! anyone else?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow i didn't notice that at the bottom of the page there, why would anyone want just one spring... BUT i did notice that the belltech's come with bushings (i checked there site and they show that all leafs come with oem quality rubber bushings) , while the eibach's do not (according to summit)....anyway Screw it man go for the eibach's, at almost a hundred bucks cheaper, why not, you may have to buy bushings, but you can get some polyurethane ones, and it sounds like you're a little more performance oriented anyway.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well I went ahead and ordered to belltech springs. The lack of information on the eibach drew me away. There wasn't even a picture. Also, the belltechs could ship out same day. the eibachs can't ship until the 21st.