Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Dropped My Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dropped My Truck

well i finally dropped my truck 4/6. i couldnt have done it with out my great group of friends who got their hands dirty to help me out.. the drop looks a little lower to me, ill post up pictures as soon as i wash the truck to see what everyone else thinks.. i do however have alot of negative camber now.. i got it aligned this afternoon and the camber improved but its still there, does anyone know of a way to fix this? i know they make camber plates for cars to fix the problem but do they make anything for a fullsize? thanks and pics are coming soon!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We need some pics...

What did you use to drop the front, LCAs or spindles springs? If LCAs, then DJM makes a upper arm that is suppose to correct the negative camber. I believe they also make camber bolts, but not positive on that.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Launching!

i used the DJM 4" LCA for the front and DJM 6" flip kit in rear. im tucking stock tires in the front right now and rubbing a hell of alot (the chevy lean isnt helping anything either) does your truck have a 4/6?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

I have a 4/6 on my truck and I had to get a kit to fix the "chevy lean" from belltech. It was a spring spacer ( I have not gotten to put it in yet). I was able to get the alignment pretty close....so that I am not wearing out tires , but I am going to order the upper control arms to completely fix the problem......also you will need drop shocks for the rear! I went with the belltech drop2's and I like them.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1bad5.3
I have a 4/6 on my truck and I had to get a kit to fix the "chevy lean" from belltech. It was a spring spacer ( I have not gotten to put it in yet). I was able to get the alignment pretty close....so that I am not wearing out tires, but I am going to order the upper control arms to completely fix the problem......also you will need drop shocks for the rear! I went with the belltech drop2's and I like them.
yea we used the Beltech Nitro drop shocks 2.. there alot softer then what i heard from people i think im going to have to change them out for some stiffer shocks... do you know if those upper arms lower it more or just help to correct the camber?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The uppers just help correct camber. And yes, my truck is dropped 4/6 with the same DJM components, but my alignment is fine w/o the uppers (all trucks differ). I ran stockers on mine a few times and never had any problems with rubbing, front or rear (both tucked).
Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Launching!

well here are the pics of the drop..

^^Negative Camber even after the new alignment^^

^^Tucking tire up front^^
Old 07-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Launching!

ive scrapped my front bumper a couple of times and ive bottomed out quite a bit in the past 2 days its making me unhappy.. the beltech nitro drop 2 shocks are definatly to soft for this drop im going to have to swap them out for some stiffer ones, what are you guys running and how do they ride? as far as my camber goes should i buy the DJM uppers to correct the problem or try this alignment kit from DJM... http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as..._prod_ids=2498

The bottoming out and scraping front end are making me want to lift the truck up an inch all around and go with a 3/5. i need some advice guys give me some input here thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it looks good, i wish i knew who made those lights, and what u used to black out the rears, but yea i got the same shocks u did with the kit and yea they are soft and they suck, go with the belltech streetperformances they are really good, those nitro drops are soft and the stock shocks are like a million times stiffer than them
Old 07-09-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also i went with a 2/4 drop and still bottomed out my front bumper alot, i went with 2in spindles and 2in hanger /w 2 shackle drop, but i hit the bump stop alot on the reat because i didnt c notch the frame so i adjusted the shackle to only be 1in drop so it totals to be a 2/3 drop, but ur going to have fun because the stock shocks are pretty dang stiff and i did a spindle drop so i didnt have to do a drop shock and my stuff still scrapes the lower valance a good bit

Quick Reply: Dropped My Truck