Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Dropped My Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give it some time to get use to it. I have a 2/4 and still find my self slamming it and scrapin it. Just learn to cruise and unless your familiar with the road try not to haul *** on it , you will find huge ditch size pot holes. The best part is when your hauling *** and see the pot hole and cant do anything about it.By the way your truck will ride stiffer if you plan on changing your stock meaty sidewall tires to bigger rims and lower profile. Also depending on the wheel and tire combo your truck may even end up lower with a tire not as tall.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Belltech has an alignment kit that will give you almost 2* of adjustment. I think its part number 4910, but I'd give them a call to be sure. I also have the DJM 4" lower arms, and I did it to my truck after fixing the chevy lean, cut the pass. coil. I'd use this kit before ordering the upper arms, (they are not cheap). You'll have to pull the upper arm and remove the alignment cams, then elongate the slots. Then you re install the new cams, and install the upper arms. I'll call tomorrow for the part number.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by phasemaster1
Give it some time to get use to it. I have a 2/4 and still find my self slamming it and scrapin it. Just learn to cruise and unless your familiar with the road try not to haul *** on it , you will find huge ditch size pot holes. The best part is when your hauling *** and see the pot hole and cant do anything about it.By the way your truck will ride stiffer if you plan on changing your stock meaty sidewall tires to bigger rims and lower profile. Also depending on the wheel and tire combo your truck may even end up lower with a tire not as tall.
yea well im forced to give it some time becuase im waiting on a job and until i get it i have no money to change anything. i have been cruising and i've always been a cruiser but i used to be able to cruise alot faster, now im scared to even do the damn speed limit in some places. and as for my tires i dont want to go any smaller then a 45 profile if i can help it

Originally Posted by chevytruckguy
Belltech has an alignment kit that will give you almost 2* of adjustment. I think its part number 4910, but I'd give them a call to be sure. I also have the DJM 4" lower arms, and I did it to my truck after fixing the chevy lean, cut the pass. coil. I'd use this kit before ordering the upper arms, (they are not cheap). You'll have to pull the upper arm and remove the alignment cams, then elongate the slots. Then you re install the new cams, and install the upper arms. I'll call tomorrow for the part number.
thanks for the help.. so with the beltech alignment kit or the DJM kit ill get rid of the camber? if i go that route does that mean i dont need the DJM upper arms? and as for chevy lean, as apposed to cuting any springs will a coil/spring spacer work?
Old 07-10-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

Looks good man!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks good! i know alot of people are having problems with camber with the DJM;s
Old 07-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by laynlow77
looks good! i know alot of people are having problems with camber with the DJM;s
what are they doing about it?
Old 07-10-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

im not sure...ill look into it.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of people run Doetsch Tech shocks. Personally I am running some qa1 12 way adjustables, but they are not cheap by any means. As for the scrapping and bottoming out, you have to realize you are driving a lowered truck and to take it easy. I rarely scrap or bottom out, and I sit a little lower cause I am running a 27.7" tire compared to your 30" tire. Steep driveways will have to be taken at an angle to avoid scrapping. Like said, just give it some time to adjust and watch your surroundings so you are aware of anything before its too late.

btw, truck looks good
Old 07-10-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah when your that low, you have to remember ways of getting around, i plan how i get into shopping malls and places like that to avoid speedbumps and harsh dips. im riding on air and i could pop it up, but i like riding low. seems like the lower i am, the more fun it is to drive. im running monroes, but they are not in the stock location.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Launching!

im fully aware that drving habbits have to change how ever my problem is im hitting things even when im being cautious ex. the other day i come to a complete stop and see a little bump in the road ahead about middle of intersection, i go over almost at an idle and front end just kissed the pavement with a nice thump and scrape.. my shocks are just WAY to soft. what shocks should i go with that will be able to handdle a 4/6 and never let me hit ground?

Quick Reply: Dropped My Truck