Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Dropped My Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nick993
so its not your tires that are bottoming out instead of the frame? i drive at 5/7-8ish all day and never have a problem around driveways and dips on the freeway. it only looks like you have about 2" before your tire hits inside the fenderwell.
what bottoms out are my front tires with the fenders and in some cases gets as bad as my lower valence scraping the ground, i also rub fender when i turn which i believe im only rubbing on my driverside which is do to chevy lean.

just got off the phone with belltech the new adjustable shocks are only for the newer model trucks so no luck there.. they only have two shocks available the "nitro drop 2"s = and the "street performance" shocks. the guy told me with the street performance shocks id have about a 50% increase in stiffness but rated them a 5 out of 10 on how stiff they are. anybody running these? if not what kind of shocks are you guys running? and what kinda shocks do you guys think i should switch to for a stiffer ride and no bottoming out??
Old 07-11-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the DJM shocks that usually come with the 4" arms and I like them a lot. I ran the stock shocks for a while, but they were too soft. If you think the drivers side is too low, I'd get the spacers; if you think the pass. side is too high, cut away. I dropped the high side, since I was getting shorter tires (255/35 vs. 255/40), and I was going to put drop shackles in the back.

Regarding belltech shocks, I had the Nitro actives on a tahoe (limited), and they were a little on the loose side. The stock bilsteins were stiffer than the nitro actives. I had a 4" drop on that tahoe (spindle/coil). It was an OBS if that matters.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chevytruckguy
I have the DJM shocks that usually come with the 4" arms and I like them a lot.
on a 1-10 how stiff would you rate them at?

Judging how soft the belltech nitro shocks are im scared to invest in their other set becuase im afraid they'll be to soft as well, what do you guys think?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02BlueStepside
Like said, a lot of people like Doetsch Tech shocks
listen to this guy

i just bought a set of these shocks for my 06 RCSB, and i'm really happy with them. on my 3/4 drop my belltech nitros bottomed out all the time. the Doetsch shocks are ALOT stiffer, give them a call and talk to them about your set up, they build the shock by how low your truck is and what you used to lower it. it made my truck alot better to drive, and they handle great.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

truck looks clean.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GMade03
on a 1-10 how stiff would you rate them at?

Judging how soft the belltech nitro shocks are im scared to invest in their other set becuase im afraid they'll be to soft as well, what do you guys think?
If the Belltechs were a five, then the DJM would be a seven. I don't know how much stiffer the Doetsch tech shocks are than the DJM shocks. With the DJM arms, the ride of the stock coils is good on little bumps, but on the big ones, you need a stiff shock to keep the truck from rebounding too hard. I almost crashed with my stock shocks, because they were so loose. I've also heard that the Edelbrock shocks are good, but I don't have any firsthand information on those.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i had both the the nitro drops and streetperformances by belltech, honestly in my opinion the nitros suck, and the streetperformances suck a little less, im about to go with some bilsteins on all 4 corners, or either those doetsch tech shocks, i just have to do more research on which is stiffer, i dont have to have the drop shocks in the front because i did spindles and still have all my travel, the rears is where i really need a good set of shocks, ive put about 6k miles on the streetperformances and they arent so hot anymore, the nitros didnt last a day, and honest the stock gm front shocks are still the stiffest shock ive came across for the front end, but there are still alot of choices, ive heard good things about the bilsteins and doetsch tech shocks tho, they are my next choice
Old 07-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Launching!

well the more i ask the more i hear about doetsch so im leaning towards them right now.. im goning to have to call them up and see what they have to offer
Old 07-13-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea im going to do that too, cause i want the damnest most stiffest freakin' shock there is
Old 07-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lo&sloSierra
yea im going to do that too, cause i want the damnest most stiffest freakin' shock there is
same here buddy

Quick Reply: Dropped My Truck