Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

EBC Green Stuff Brake Pad Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 01:49 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offroadrider12
The ultimax are the economy EBC line. They are an aramid fiber/metallic pad. I was just happy to get decently priced rotors that aren't made in china lol. The break in coating was dusty for me.

OK, cool, thanks man
Old 04-20-2011, 12:33 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Just an update...

It's been about 350 miles and the brakes just got better and better until they were completely bedded in, they feel great now, even better than when I first posted up. The wheels are currently covered in black dust, which I'm hoping is just due to the break-in coating and isn't the way that it's going to be. Been raining every other day, so I haven't had a chance to get the truck washed and clean the wheels to see what happens.

I'll update again when I have enough miles on it to determine how much these pads actually dust
Old 04-20-2011, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had great luck with mine as well. Will buy again.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:19 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Time for another update...it's been about 750 miles and all is well. The excessive dust ceased a few hundred miles ago, and now the amount of dust getting on my wheels is very minimal. No abnormal noises and the brakes stop great, even with my heavy azz JGP 20's on there...it's gonna feel real good when I put the factory aluminum 16's back on in the winter. All in all I'm very pleased with these pads and looking forward to seeing how long they last
Old 09-28-2011, 11:45 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Allrighty...wanna give you fellers another update while I was here to provide a link to this thread to a member looking for good brake pads. It's been a few K now, and the pads are still awesome. No noise at all, and very little dust...and my daughter Rosie always comments on the "green things in my wheels"

Cheers!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Allrighty...wanna give you fellers another update while I was here to provide a link to this thread to a member looking for good brake pads. It's been a few K now, and the pads are still awesome. No noise at all, and very little dust...and my daughter Rosie always comments on the "green things in my wheels"

Cheers!
Great review thanks. My 10 year old daughter was asking me when I was going to do something about the squeaking noise when I hit the brakes.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my 98 i had ebc green stuff 6000 and i absolutely loved them. ive used the top of the line (short line) auto zone pads, and they were dreadful. warped the rotors in 3 months. then the gold series of pads from advance and those went through in a year. the ebc pads... 2 years with life left before i had to give up the truck... got totaled. but those pads, awesome. and god when they were breaking in, they squeaked so bad for 200 miles but afterwards i couldnt be happier. So i bought another set of pads from ebc, this time their 7000 series. and yea cannot use them because i bought an 07 silverado that takes different pads so they are sitting here. anyone interested in the obs style pads from ebc? send me a message. part number is DP71273. but as for the thread, I am definately buying ebc for life. they quickly proved their worth. as for dust, i had almost no dust. i washed my truck at least once a week and the sponge never picked up dirt from the pads...