Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Edlebrock or Belltech Street Performance Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 12:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If a lowering shock works on a obs it should work on a nbs
Old 03-08-2011, 01:01 AM
TECH Addict

Buy my belltechs. 80 plus shippingd for 4 inch drop.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sittin 4/7 and sittin on belltech streets LOVE them they ride great to my comfort
Old 03-08-2011, 09:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadAssChevy327
If a lowering shock works on a obs it should work on a nbs
Are u sure? I'd think so maybe, but not if their lengths vary or the configuration as in a eyelet on the shock end or a T.

The best way to verify if a shock fits beyond obvious ends being the same, tho that can be overcome if they sell ends to change, but now that adds to the cost, is to just measure.

FWIW, after my 4" drop, on my stock rears, I only had 1/2" of travel. Let's say, it beat the outta ya. I had to measure, compressed, extended, & ride height, then I ordered my QA1s. I still need the fronts, tho stockers fit just fine w/. only a 2" drop. They just don't allow as many adjustments nor are performance oriented. I love the curves, but I like straight line too.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:12 PM
LS1Tech Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
They don't just pop out on their site, u have to take measurements, which is exactly what I did. These are for a 4" drop out back. Since you're in S.F., u don't have any road salt like our winters, just what's in the air. Maybe I won't give u part # now.

Mine are double adjustable, meaning independent rebound & compression. 2 sep. *****, it's takes longer to get on ground than adjust if ya wanna toy w/. settings, as it's only twist a few *****. No tools or spanners.

Mine are DTC-1539 P. If ya don't want dbl. adj., just drop the D in p/n. They're a few bucks less, but it's your choice. Either way, if u decide what brand u go w/., I always like to see what shocks people have success w/. so please post up your choice. If u decide on QA1, I think you'll be pleased. The dbl. adj. have more settings than you'll probably ever use.
Hey thanks for the heads-up, I owe you a cold one if you're ever out in Ca. I'm going to look into the QA1s, maybe the single adjustables. If it's too pricey now I may go with the Belltechs and get the QA1s next tax return!

Thanks again
Old 03-08-2011, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey fastnblu, did you have a whole install process like Corey (BlackGMC) did when he installed his QA1's?? Or was yours pretty pain free?

That's the only thing keeping me from going that route is the whole pain in the *** of modifying something brand new to fit my truck. Something about him swapping t-bars in the bottom of the front and different bushings or some such in the rear.

There's a thread on here somewhere...
Old 03-08-2011, 04:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by loloone
Hey thanks for the heads-up, I owe you a cold one if you're ever out in Ca. I'm going to look into the QA1s, maybe the single adjustables. If it's too pricey now I may go with the Belltechs and get the QA1s next tax return!

Thanks again
I maybe out in SF later this yr. I don't drink, but a pop would work & even that isn't necessary. MADS99 lives out there, maybe see Spoolin, Bill (Trever1t) & some others. If not, next yr. I'll be out there. Lemme know what kinda price ya find on either the dbl. adj. or single QA1s.

Originally Posted by PathfinderJr
Hey fastnblu, did you have a whole install process like Corey (BlackGMC) did when he installed his QA1's?? Or was yours pretty pain free?

That's the only thing keeping me from going that route is the whole pain in the *** of modifying something brand new to fit my truck. Something about him swapping t-bars in the bottom of the front and different bushings or some such in the rear....
No. He went to some extra stuff / steps that I did not. And I didn't see as needed. But I may be forgetting somethin or his case may've been different. Mine was pretty pain free. Really.

I hear ya Bobby on the installing new parts just to mod to fit. Ya, I read his thread & offered some advice /comments on it to him. We talked on phone on it too.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool, man. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

You should also look into the rancho 9000x adjustables... I have them on the front and they work great. Im not sure on the part #'s though. They are a cheaper alternative to the qa1's...
Old 09-19-2011, 03:15 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It appears that part # DTC1539P has been replaced w/ part # TD901.
Lance, what part # did you end up determining was the correct QA1 front shock?
Thanks!