Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

el60e went up who knows the most trustworthy and best buys to check for rebuilts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default el60e went up who knows the most trustworthy and best buys to check for rebuilts?

I finally got under there and dropped the pan, peaces of metal and something that looked round, as if it went around something round. Im not a car guy looking to super charge his truck but would like to put something good in there that will last, I do over 60k to 70k a year. I dont want to be on the road breakin down every 3 months. Any one to check with, I have talked to a few rebuilders but dont like what I hear, like one guy said he will take some parts from one, he has a few a put one togather for me, he didnt win my trust, lol. Any help with who rebulds and knows what there doing would be nice. Also would like to know, some say they dyno test, how will I know if the really do or just a line of bs.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

i've used both team tripp and mad dog. team tripp does good valve body resleaving, but mad dog is less expensive and has great deals on ebay occasionally. both do good work.

**edit** No non sponsor url links please.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

i would go with a 4l65e for what you mentioned.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Check with our sponsors ------------------------->
The very nature of being a sponsor here installs some checks and balances. Plus if they are a sponsor here then they are an enthusiast.
It may sound funny but the harder (to a point) the transmission ***** the better it is for it. You can buy a built transmission for about the same cost as a regular rebuild. Also for longevity keep it cool. A cool trans is a happy trans.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another good word for team tripp

**edit** No non sponsor links please.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Try Finish Line Performance(FLP). They are a sponsor over to the right and can build a nice mild to a extremely strong wild 4L60E.

http://www.flp2win.com/
Old 01-20-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

when i blew my 4l60e..i priced just the parts and labor to fix what problems i had...then i priced a fully built one from FLP. very little $$ difference. and i would recommend Chuck @ FLP over and over again!
Old 01-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Hey thanks for the info, I think for my truck I will go with GM, they offered one with new converter for 1565 around there. Also they're only 1 mile so I can pick it up, also giving 3 years, 50,000 mile warrnty, the best I heard, I called a bunch let me tell ya. lol
First time tryin so any help would be good, I got it up in the air and dropped the pan, it had small peaces of metal in the pan and a round hard thin flat peace of metal in the fluid. Any help on droppin and installing would be great, its 4x4, also quick question, the 4x4 went up and stopped workin, someone said its some switch or silinoid, anyone know about it? I got a book and been doing some reading, I got good tools but is there anything I should get that would make it easy as poss? Any post would be thankful!!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 05:19 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you have any mods to your truck?

chuck at FLP is definately the man if you want something that will hold some power but if your stock then what your talking about sounds great.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Yea Im just stock, nothing fancy, but was told to install a cooler, that sometimes them small peaces of metal get into it and can wash back into trans and blow the new one! whats your spin?

Quick Reply: el60e went up who knows the most trustworthy and best buys to check for rebuilts?