Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Exhibition of Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhibition of Acceleration

Apparently, I had "squealed" my tires coming out of the school parking lot and one of the school police decided he had nothing else better to do but right me an exhibition of acceleration ticket. I didn't get pulled over or wasn't even aware of any of this until the next day when I get pulled out of class and presented with this ticket and a line to put my signature signifying that I will show up on said court date.

I honestly don't recall doing any squealing coming out of the school campus but then again my music is usually turned up and my ears are bleeding from it so it just as well could have happened. I won't argue over that but I sure as hell didn't have the throttle floored or even past half throttle so I'd like to fight it.

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get some good info on the open differentials that these trucks come with and how easy it can be to chirp your tires with it, especially taking a sharp right from a stop sign. I just need something I can show the judge so I can hopefully get it dismissed.

Thanks, any any help is appreciated.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not hard to squeal the tires if you have an open diff. if i were you i'd tell the judge that there was sand at the stop sign. your tire spun in the sand, then when you got to dry pavement, it squealed. it was a complete accident, blah blah blah. say you let off the gas immediately once you heard it squeal. that should work.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Show up at court,dressed conservatively,no smart *** attitude,don't bad mouth the cop,apologize for spinning the tires and hopefully the ticket will disappear with just a court charge.You'll probably be offered diversion instead of a fine for attending a driver education class.If so take it and show up for the class.My daughter had about 4 tickets that disappeared with a class or public service time,she's 24 years old now with a clean driving record and a really cheap insurance rate.Ask the judge if you can do some kind of deversion,if he doesn't suggest it.Good luck.