Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

falken ziex s/tz04 tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TJ
anyone run these?
they are only 110 bucks a piece for a 285 75 16 for my HD.
i dont do any offroad with my 2wd, but would likea bigger tire. this looks like something that comes on a new sports car, but in a larger size. i think it might be a good choice, but im skeptical of the inexpensive price.
this would be great for the bigger stance, and not add the noise of a mud tire.
http://www.falkentire.com/images/IMG...tz04_angle.jpg
what ya think?
Kind of depends on what you will be using your truck for. Do you ever tow heavy loads or place anything heavy in the bed?
Since you do have a 3/4 HD truck the load range of the tire may be of concern. If you do any heavy towing you will need a load range C, D or E rated tire. C load being the lighter load carrying tire, then D, then E.
Most of our 1/2 ton trucks here probably don't see much heavy weight put on them. Therefore we can get away with a standard load rated tire.
If you do minor trailoring or light load carrying, then that tire should do you fine.

Jim
Old 01-29-2006, 09:37 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i haul an enclosed trailer for work, and a car hauler to the track on weekends. no telling what ill tow. DTD said that this was a load D, so i should be good. im not happy at all with my load E's on my truck right now. i dont do that heavy of towing to warrant such a stiff tire. i dont like the ride compared to a friends that stepped up ni size and went with a load D.
could be the truck itself, but it just feels like it drove better.