Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

feedback on Hankook ventus tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default feedback on Hankook ventus tires

Well I have put a few miles on them now and figured I would give some feedback. The tires in reference are Hankook ventus 275/45/20 v rated performance tires.

Dry traction- excellent! I have owned toyo proxess, nitto 404's and now the hankooks. I would say the hankooks are on par with the proxess. The 404's seem to grip a little better in the dry.

Wet traction- the best! surprisingly these have been the best tires I have owned for wet traction. They even beet the toyos. With my RCSB and 3.73 limited slip, just about any throttle resulted in the annoying zzzzzzzzzzzz and a slight fish tail. Not with these tires. You can actually leave moderately without tire spin. No more feathering the throttle on takeoff. Even my toyos had problems with mid throttle take offs from the light.

these tires are smoooooooth too. absolutely no road noise at any speed. In another couple thousand miles I will take them in for rebalancing......see how well they hold their balance.

For anyone looking for a performance truck tire, I suggest you look at the hankooks. I picked these up for $140 a tire at the local discount tire store. That is not a bad price for that size tire, definitely cheaper than some of the other brands.

This is the best picture I have of them.......

Old 11-21-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would agree with the review above. I have 295/45/18's and was very suprised by their wet traction. Of course this is coming of the stock tires, but a great tire, and even better if you factor in the price.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have the kooks , they do pretty well. Let them wear a lil bit, then the traction in the rain will get a bit worse. Damn that is on clean truck you gots....
Old 11-21-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mangledgmc03
I also have the kooks , they do pretty well. Let them wear a lil bit, then the traction in the rain will get a bit worse. Damn that is on clean truck you gots....
thanks for the compliment your truck is pretty snazzy too. I think the wear factor is evident with just about any tire. I hope I can squeeze 40k out of these........
Old 11-21-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

So good so far with mine also.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Need More N2O Mod

Those look good. I will have to remember those come this spring when i have to put shoes on the ss
Old 11-21-2005, 08:28 PM
11 Second Truck Club

That must be one heluva tire and im not saying its not but I love my Toyo Proxies Ill have to check them hankooks out on the next set I get.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

I have proxes and love them. I would have never thought that the hankooks would perform.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i cant find the hankooks in 16" 's if i could i would get them... im ordering the proxes some time this week... got to take care of the tires i got on there now though heheheh ill have some pics for yall..
Old 02-14-2006, 07:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default update

Well it has been a few more months a few thousand more miles. I am still quite pleased with the Hankook's. They seem to wearing very well. The traction is still there, wet and dry.

The tires still remain extremely smooth and quiet. I had heard alot of negative things about these tires, but now I am glad I gave them a shot. I personally think they are a great tire. I would rank them right up there with my nittos on the tahoe.

I think I like these tires more than I liked the toyos

Quick Reply: feedback on Hankook ventus tires