Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

FLT L7 Install / Tru Cool 40K / Bud Hayes3 rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I understand your feeling about the prices of Loctite products. Way back when, I had a Loctite Rep. stop by going over new products and he was asking my opinion and of course the only complaint I could come up with was the price. He asked me if I knew of another product that worked the same and was commercially available, the dude had a point. When it comes to sealers though, I have had great luck with the Yamabond line of products from Yamaha, but still Loctite has something comparable to most of their products and you will actually usually find both in every motorcycle shop in the country.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:13 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blue I honestly do not have the numbers of all those products in my head. I will say that Teflon tape is something that I would not use. Reason being is it will add to the size of the fitting and possibly break the case. I have either used Teflon paste or the anaerobic sealer that I spoke of earlier. I like the aerobic better because of the fact it hardens fairly quick.

When using either of these products you really just want to cover the threads so when tight just a tad will be visible on the out side of the fitting. This is one of those cases where more is not "more better!" I will try to snap a picture next time I apply some to a fitting so you can see how much I use. Have a great day. Vince
Old 06-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the install. Sounds like everything went according to plan....

How do you like the converter???

Chris
Old 06-01-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vince I have an idea what you're sayin about just having a touch of sealant on an exposed thread or 2. But everyone likes pics, so feel free.

Since u don't know that sealant # by memory, write it down & post.

Chris, thanks. I really like the stall. It's tough getting used to the lockup hit, but it pulls like a beast. Nice work! Circle D rocks!

It pulls pretty nicely, away from traffic. I've embarrassed 3 different Stangs, but 1 doesn't count since it was a V6.