Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

front suspension limiters

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 01:27 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I wonder if there is a market for those....Might want to look into it. I think thicker gauge steel may be needed, I wonder how much TQ those are getting off the line.
they shouldnt see any tq, just have to hold up the weight of the wheels.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:34 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
they shouldnt see any tq, just have to hold up the weight of the wheels.

I thought you were using them to keep the suspension travel to a min under hard launches......
Old 12-25-2004, 01:42 AM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I thought you were using them to keep the suspension travel to a min under hard launches......
yep, the truck has a lot of weight transfer and the front comes way up. eventualy it peals out and all of the suspension unloads and it comes down hard on spining wheels, then hooks again. prety violent.

with the suspension limiters it just comes up a few inches and stays there, the wheels spin but it is a more uniform spin without the loading and unloading of the suspension. the way i see it they just have to hold the wheels from droping as far. no motor tq on them but there is the tortion bar spring against them. with the gussets i put in they should be fine.

i didn't expect any reduction in 60' figured it would just be smoother but it is geting out of the hole much better. seems like it is time for some stickier tires.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to hold up all of that unsprung weight, and the twisting of the unwound torsion bars too. Thats probably what bent them that little bit.

Glad to see that they worked for you.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:36 PM
blownerator

Any updates on progress?
Old 12-25-2004, 09:03 PM
single digit dreamer

nothing new, i would call the suspension limiters a sucess, being able to hammer it out of the hole is soo much easier than trying to roll into it at the just right rate.

not sure what is next for the truck, tires would be nice. some testing with better fuel maybe but i would rather save that for the track or dyno or at least a good race. not sure if you saw my post in the FI section but i am thinking about trying to hook up a complete 2nd set of injectors and running race fuel thru them. pump gas up to 8psi and then let the megasquirt phase in race fuel. now that would be sweet.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:05 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by parish8
nothing new, i would call the suspension limiters a sucess, being able to hammer it out of the hole is soo much easier than trying to roll into it at the just right rate.

not sure what is next for the truck, tires would be nice. some testing with better fuel maybe but i would rather save that for the track or dyno or at least a good race. not sure if you saw my post in the FI section but i am thinking about trying to hook up a complete 2nd set of injectors and running race fuel thru them. pump gas up to 8psi and then let the megasquirt phase in race fuel. now that would be sweet.
Yeah that would be sweet....