Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Fuddle installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02White6.0
I told him this before he even ordered it, but hey nobody listens to the guy that has been there and done that.
Refresh my memory.......or our last conversation......

James
Old 07-02-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02White6.0
That was part of my problem, that and one of the better big LS1 builders highly advised not to go with such a big cam becuase a heavy truck will just not benefit from it no matter what the setup be.
Interesting..........I'm going to try and do something that maybe few have done.

James
Old 07-02-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh, just some food for thought.......I have a trans cooler on it now, it's nos too big but alot bigger than the stocker and a deep trans pan, also in which holds two extra qts of fluid. So with being said, if the tc isn't working properly and moving fluid like it should(the lock noise I'm hearing) then this could be my overheating problem. I'll tell Fuddle to send me another one and install the new one again and if it's not right, then I'm going to get a yank or something. This sucks to have to do this again. oh well, gotta pay to play I guess.....

James
Old 07-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

James when I get5 back to Austin let me drive it and Ill tell you if its working normal or not, hold off till I get up there Ill be back tomorrow night and Ill stop by. Answer your phone cracker I called you and left a voicemail friday night.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

is it like a groaning noise? I know fuddle has good customer service.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Injected1
is it like a groaning noise? I know fuddle has good customer service.
Yeah, it's kinda like that but it sounds like the fins in the verter are doing something funny..........it only does it when the verter trys to lock-up. Like when it's trying to lock-up in 4th or 3rd gear. I called Fuddle this morn and their prolly closed for the holidays so I'll call them on wed or so.

James
Old 07-03-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
James when I get5 back to Austin let me drive it and Ill tell you if its working normal or not, hold off till I get up there Ill be back tomorrow night and Ill stop by. Answer your phone cracker I called you and left a voicemail friday night.
Let you drive it!!???!!!! I don't think so........I've seen your truck !! JK. The verter works fine accept for the groanning noise or the finning noise. With this little prob with the tc, I think this is why I'm having high trans temps too. I'll answer my phone....call me later today if your wife will let you.... Im heading down to Houston tonight when Jennifer gets off work. I won't be back @ home until wednesday...oh wait, I don't know when you posted this...I'm a dumbass , my bad!!

James
Old 07-03-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

does it feel like the converter doesnt want to lock?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im in Houston lol. Check the tc bolts too one may have come loose causing a harmonic from the snout of the verter in the back of the crank.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Injected1
does it feel like the converter doesnt want to lock?
No......it locks fine, it just makes a niose when the verter is in the locking motion?? I don't know what to do with this problem.....anyways thanks for all of your input on this problem!!!

James

Quick Reply: Fuddle installed