Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Fuddle torque converters?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what price if you don't mind me asking?
Old 09-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didnt know they were a middle man either till yesterday.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:29 PM

I talked to Howard of Howards Converters and he said he will honor any previously bought Fuddles and if you want to purchase one for the first time he will sell you one. So let the ordering begin
Old 09-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quik
dont expect to get a great converter for 400 bucks

you get what you pay for... i seen to many first hand converters from fuddle just crap out. and not everyone had the same issue

they are a hit or miss converter. some love them some hate them. i would rahter go wit ha converter that has a been repuation

i would disagree i paid 450 for mine and never had any problems

ptc
Old 09-16-2006, 07:30 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I talked to Howard of Howards Converters and he said he will honor any previously bought Fuddles and if you want to purchase one for the first time he will sell you one. So let the ordering begin
This statement I will confirm is true. I too talked to Howard for a customer of mine. I will say that he was a super cool guy and knew what he was talking about. I've been doing this for a while and usually know how to weed through the BS. Also talked to him about a few other things and we agree it is a small world. For all the fuddel guy's I guess you now have your solution to resolve your issues!
Old 09-16-2006, 09:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet, im glad he is taking care of business!!
Old 09-16-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
This statement I will confirm is true. I too talked to Howard for a customer of mine. I will say that he was a super cool guy and knew what he was talking about. I've been doing this for a while and usually know how to weed through the BS. Also talked to him about a few other things and we agree it is a small world. For all the fuddel guy's I guess you now have your solution to resolve your issues!
I need to get my Fuddle fixed or replaced!!! I have also tried to contact Fuddle and Cody is right!! It's like he....well I won't say that but ya'll catch my drift. This lockup noise thats been here from the get go needs some attention. Thanks Cody for the new contact info for our verters!!!! I'm not going to get on my soap box with the Fuddle saga, but I will be getting this one fixed. Fuddle has dafinately taken a turn for the worst. Oh, BTW Vince, I will be contacting you for a transmission for my truck. I posted a ses problem and I think I'm not going to try and rebuild this one again....just buy one from a reputable shop.

James
Old 09-17-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Colby 04
I had no idea they(fuddle) were just a "dealer" or whatever you want to call it?
Neither did I !!! The way they (Fuddle) talked, they made it sound like they made the tc's inhouse. Call up, order, take the order to the back and boom, the guys in the back get busy. Hell, a lot of people on this site could be dealer. Anybody can someone elses product.

James
Old 09-17-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am happy with my Fuddle. I had to wait about 2 months for it to get here after I ordered it but it wasn't a big deal because I had to get some other stuff before putting the stall in. They told me up front that there would be a wait because the hp/truck had just came out so I didn't really care about the wait.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:13 AM

I got hte info from Yank onwho was making the converter

I made the call to Howard and got all the facts of what he was willing to do for us

Quick Reply: Fuddle torque converters?