Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

G80 blew, truck spun out... carnage!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LoudAzzLoStepside
Seriously........... I'm not a moron, i don't expect anyone to pay if it was driver error. Now, i wasn't driving like a grandma so i'm honestly not mad the g80 blew. i could care less. I was planning on putting an eaton in it, and now i have a reason. I could argue with the uppers at gm and probably eventually get the g80 and gears replaced. But they won't touch the wheels and tires ( which aren't ruined, just rashed a little ) and the axle.......... that's a tossup. They probably wouldn't cover any of the collision damage at all. But to attack me because i feel gm's customer service sucks, are you a stockholder or something?

I ( and this is only a personal opinion, take it as you will ) feel that customer service is number one. If i made a product or provided a service, and a customer wasn't happy or my product failed and caused an accident, i would remedy the situation. Now the g80 either blew up, or acted in a manner which was unpredictable, and caused and "accident". Therefore since a gm product caused this in one manner or the other, i felt that if they were to pick up the tab realizing their poor design or workmanship, etc... then they should pick up the ENTIRE tab. If they're claiming "no fault" and pushing the blame on me, then the tab's on me. I didn't go into this expected gm to pay, i honestly figured they wouldn't. But i'd hoped. Are you supposed to beat on your truck? NO! You're supposed to drive it straight, not sideways. Burnouts aren't good for tires or differentials. You're definatly not supposed to go to the dragstrip with it. And you're not supposed to cut the frame and lower it. So.... I can see their point, in ways. This is a " what side of the fence" situation. But you can't blame a man for trying. I personally dont' like gm customer service. I'm not going to get into another pissing contest with them, i'm going to accept defeat, cause i really dont want a new g80 and 3.42 gears. I'll just bite the bullet and buy a real damn rear end, and be less stressed out about it too.

GM customer service still sucks.
ok then understood, I agreed reguardless they should cover THEIR parts, but I thought you expected them to pay for wheels/tires/body damage. I drive like an idiot to, but only where I wouldnt do it on a small street like that you were on.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

you could get them to replace it with stock stuff then sale all of it to recover a little of the money for the eaton and 4.10s. gm service does suck. all they are worried about is making money and they could care less about their customers. thats why they arent selling any cars also.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big10Fan
I drive like an idiot to, but only where I wouldn't do it on a small street like that you were on.
Don't give him ****, Jake is an awesome guy

If something unfortunate happened to you, you wouldn't want someone giving you ****.

Jake I hope this all works out the way you want.
Cheers
Old 11-15-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fogle04
you could get them to replace it with stock stuff then sale all of it to recover a little of the money for the eaton and 4.10s. gm service does suck. all they are worried about is making money and they could care less about their customers. thats why they arent selling any cars also.

GM does care about the customer. You can't blame GM for the dealership's actions. on the same note, i don't think GM's sales are reflected by not offering to warrenty a guys truck that has been heavily modified and broke an O.E.M. part that was made for no where near the power output or type of driving that was occuring. I don't there there is a car/truck company out there that would offer any warrenty in something like the situation at hand if they even knew half of the details. with every brand you're going to hear the same complaints of things not getting covered that the customer feels should have been.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 04BlackSilverado
Don't give him ****, Jake is an awesome guy

If something unfortunate happened to you, you wouldn't want someone giving you ****.

Jake I hope this all works out the way you want.
Cheers
not giving anyone ****, chill out. and if the same thing happened to me I'd be here bitching to and I'm sure I'd get people on both sides of the fence the same here.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

this whole situation, i'm really not stressing out about. I think my supplemental wheel/tire warranty is going to pick up the tab on two new driver side wheels and tires. And i planned on building a rear this winter anyways, so really all i'm out is a caliper bracket, and an axle. so it cost me, maybe 200-300 more. Not a huge deal, considering i was driving like an *** anyways. And zippy's right, i can understand the dealership's stance, it wasn't built for how i used it. But who can fault me for hoping for a freebie?

Thanks for jumpin in Steve, you're right......i am awsome!!

big10, no harm no foul...i'm not worried about nothin you said cause i'm not petty. It's all good. But when someone rear end just grenaded, and they're out over a grand..... you probably shouldn't go tellin 'em how to drive, they might not be in the mood. Bartender, another round.......
Old 11-16-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can certainly understand hoping that the dealer would warrenty it. they should at least replace the parts in the rear end enough to make it fully operational again. i feel that if you stay on their *** about it you'll get it warrentied.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

i work at a dodge dealer and i asked the service manager and he said they would have covered it if it was a dodge. also ill bet you money the chevy dealer here would have covered it. its the dicks like that is what give gm a bad name. how many people do you think posts stuff like this on the internet for people to read. sure not all dealers are like that but the ones that are are only hurting the company
Old 11-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

My 4L60E lost the front pump and lost the 2nd to 3rd shift after about 8-10k of pretty hard use by me... I had bought the truck as a certified used veh. It took me pulling teeth and talkint to some VP of used auto sales at GM headquarters but I got a hole new tranny and they even let me buy an upgraded value body, servo's and everything to go in it. I was surprised they did it but dont lose total faith in them. It may take some doing on your part to make it happen but I think you can get it done. just for god sakes dont tell them you were trying to get it sideways .... If all else fails just have the truck trailered home and try this -----> ... you wont think about it as much if nothing else. -good luck-
Ben