Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

a good clutch kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Danville Performance
Wish we could use it when we swap to a T56 6speed but the splines are totally different. We are pushing well over 600hp and love it.
SPEC makes them for T56's! I'm running a stage 3 right now, and I like it a lot. It does alright it this heavy pig, with almost NO clutch chatter. It was way better than the centerforce I had in my car. I've only been to the track with it once and I was having hydraulic issues, and personal driving issues. If I had to do it again I would for sure go with the 3+. Not because the 3 isn't cutting it, but the 3+ has near stock pedal feel and the holding capacity of a stage 5. I'm getting ready to replace the clutch though, but that was because my slave cylinder failed (hydraulic issue) and it puked fluid all over the clutch. Even soaked in brake fluid, it holds decently. If you do a search at ls1tech.com you'll hear people talking about SPEC clutches exploding. One or two guys, somewhere, sometime, some how had this happen. I've NEVER heard of it happening anytime else, so take it with a grain of salt. Design issue, intall issue, or internet myth? Who knows?