Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

GoPro rear shocks video (traccion)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 02:16 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

moar brake boosting. I've never played with a turbo setup. does a 2 step creat more boost without as much rpm? the preloaded suspension at launch probably doesn't help vs a totally relaxed suspension that gets hit hard.

what's your initial timing? 1.9 hooking on 5lbs just seems weird to me.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
moar brake boosting. I've never played with a turbo setup. does a 2 step creat more boost without as much rpm? the preloaded suspension at launch probably doesn't help vs a totally relaxed suspension that gets hit hard.

what's your initial timing? 1.9 hooking on 5lbs just seems weird to me.
initial timing is at 9

i think a 2 step will create more boost then normal foot braking, my plan is to get one soon, maybe if i would set the two step to 2800rpm it would create the same 5 psi of boost but not load the suspension

but then again i see flaco, ghost rider and other trucks with leaf springs boost the **** out of there trucks on footbrake and leave FAST
Old 12-02-2015, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When using Caltracs, aren't you supposed to remove the factory bolt plate and just use the integral Caltrac bolt plate?
Old 12-02-2015, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigsapper
When using Caltracs, aren't you supposed to remove the factory bolt plate and just use the integral Caltrac bolt plate?
Traccion bars are actually self made, made them years ago looking at pictures from caltracts, they might not even perform correctly
Old 12-02-2015, 07:35 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

they seem to be acting correctly from what I can see. time to lay some power down and see how the suspension reacts.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

After researching and reading a post someone saying traccion got better and wheel hop almost went away by only raplacing stock rubber bushings in the front of the leaf springs with aluminum bushing i remembered i still have stock rubber bushings, year back when i made does traccion bars i worked my way around by bending the hangers open and put a small washer between the hanger and the bushing so the traccion bars triangle could move

I really think thats affecting me real bad now, i gotta change that maybe thats causing the shocks not being able to hold the axle in place
Old 12-03-2015, 01:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Just watched the video.

Those rear shocks are doing nothing.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:10 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by walledition
initial timing is at 9

i think a 2 step will create more boost then normal foot braking, my plan is to get one soon, maybe if i would set the two step to 2800rpm it would create the same 5 psi of boost but not load the suspension

but then again i see flaco, ghost rider and other trucks with leaf springs boost the **** out of there trucks on footbrake and leave FAST
those guys aren't leaving off a foot brake.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blown06
those guys aren't leaving off a foot brake.
Usually they dont but flaco once told me he made 9 second passes on lil sis on footbrakes wish was on caltracks, he said he put the trans out of gear, hit the throttle a couple of times while applying the brakes and then back into gear and made boost
Old 12-08-2015, 08:33 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 377 Likes on 257 Posts

Didn't lil sis also make 1500hp? You can get away with a lot when you make up for it on the back end.

That's basically doing the syty shuffle (not sure why its called that exactly). Hydroboost and larger front brakes (or just hydroboost even) are a much better solution. I know with mine I could make as much boost as I wanted with the footbrake, but mine is 4wd also.

Quick Reply: GoPro rear shocks video (traccion)